All reviewsdouble showerwaikato hospitalbusy roadmotor lodgegreat amenitiesplace to staysky tvmodern roomsexcellent accommodationspa bathcomfy beddouble glazingplunger coffeefree wifiair concooking facilitiesheat pump
Reviewed November 2, 2013

The Astra Motor Lodge is the best place to stay when your in Hamilton no exceptions. I came to New Zealand on a work contract and stayed there for 30 days, by the end of the 30 day I didn't want to leave. The rooms are kept in immaculate condition and the beds are luxurious and very comfortable. The staff are very nice and do a great job of taking care of there guests. Upon my arrival in New Zealand I met Steve and Bronney, they are the owners and both are fantastic people. As soon as I got to the motel Steve took me out to a local cafe for a coffee and then drove me through Hamilton to help me get acclimated to the city. Steve and Bronny are extremely knowledgeable about Hamilton and New Zealand and can help with any directions or local activities. I'm really glad I had the opportunity to meet them and I consider them good friends now. If your coming to Hamilton you couldn't chose a better place to stay! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 2 and it was very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Bronny_61, Owner at Astra Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you Kylie for your kind words, we really appreciate it. It was our pleasure providing all those little extras for you like taking you around Hamilton then over to Waihi for the day as we then were able to learn more about you and your country. We had some great nights over dinner and a few wines in our house plus visiting a few local establishments so will have to keep this going.
It has been an absolute pleasure having you as part of the Astra Motor Lodge and our place is open anytime you wish to visit.

That old saying that guests arrive as strangers and leave as friends certainly sits firmly with you my friend.

Take care and we will catch up soon.

Steven & Bronny

Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We travel a lot internationally - stayed here as had my father's funeral & it was close by. Ideal for the commercial traveller. Bronny went the extra mile - even provided us coffee cards for free coffees at cafe down the road. Very clean, veru modern, comfy bed, nice spa bath.

• Stayed: October 2013

Many thanks for your kind words. We are glad that you enjoyed the café which is a great place to relax while having great food and of course great coffee.
At the Astra Motor Lodge the service provided is one that we would expect if we were travelling. In doing so we enjoy all aspects of looking after our guests which is why we go that extra mile.

Take care and we look forward to catching up next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Staying in Hamilton for Business - great location !
Superb room, well appointed - fastidiously clean -
Had the best sleep ever !!
From the moment we arrived the service was outstanding - these guys should get moteliers of the year ! (not sure if there is such an award - but if there was they would get my vote)

Be assured that you will get gold class service here - could not fault them on anything

Highly recommend to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Hamilton

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for taking the time to place a review, we really appreciate your kind words.
The beds are continuing to get a big tick of approval from all guests.
We both look forward to providing you with that "Gold" service you mentioned next time you are visiting Hamilton.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I just booked this for my friends to stay over night. They were so satisfied and enjoying. It is so great to meet such friendly family owners. We just love such great environment for family stay. I will absolutely recommend to all my friends.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for a wonder review.
We both look forward to hosting you and any of your friends next time you are visiting Hamilton or the Waikato.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I traveled for business and stayed for two nights. Service was brilliant, room (I was upgraded to a spa room) were very modern and nicely decorated. This place is a real stand-out in Hamilton. I only wish they would go against the trend and offer free wi-fi. Easily one of the best motel style places I have stayed in my 100+/year business travel. Freshly ground local coffee was a very pleasant surprise. Highly recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
BronnyP, Owner at Astra Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, really appreciated.
The spa units are very popular as they do take that little bit of stress away. The freshly ground coffee hits the spot for those coffee lovers which is something a little different that we provide.
Thank you again for your support and look forward to having that coffee and spa ready for you upon your next visit.

Kind Regards