“Fantastic lunch”

Good George Brewery and Dining Hall
Ranked #35 of 402 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The original Good George bar and home of the Good George Brewery. Established in an old 1960's church on Somerset Street Hamilton you can grab a seat inside or underneath our brew tanks in our garden bar and watch as our team of award winning brewers craft the Good Beer and Good Cider right here on site. We host weekly/monthly brewery tours and show you the ins and outs of how we brew the Good Beer. Your Good George Dining Hall has a full kitchen, garden bar and friendly team of bar staff and servers to tend to ensure your drink is never empty and any hunger fed.
Reviewed March 20, 2013

the wife, kids and i trooped along and had a great meal, great sandwiches and the pasta was the best my 14 year old had tasted - cider wasnt too shabby either

1  Thank jezza-milly

Reviewed March 10, 2013

wow, this must be the best kept secret in Hamilton. Had lunch as part of a group there on Thursday and the service was great and the food was absolutly lovely. I had the Piggy sandwich with fries which came served on a board. huge meal just as well I was able to share it with another in the group or I would not have finished it. Water was served really cold to the table without having to ask and the beer was icy cold. great for a very hot day. First vist but will not be the last for me. Already planning next lunch date.

1  Thank switchie_nz
Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Good George has to be one of my new favourite places to visit in Hamitlon. Have been there more times than I can count on my hands.

Good Food.
Good vibes.
Good beer.
Good George doesn't fail with its good-ness.

Check it out if you want something other than your usual dining experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We took the tour with a GrabOne voucher and it was just great. Our guide Brent was very knowledgeable and made the tour very interesting.Then we had some food and it was very good and tasty, we had 3 different sliders and they were amazing, same with the salmon rolls.
The place is an old church and it gives itna really nice atmosphere.
I highly recommend Good George !

1  Thank Nounouf
Reviewed January 28, 2013

First time visit to Good George. A converted church with an in house brewery. A basic industrial look and feel but it works. Large outdoor dining area which was best part full. We tried the Sparkling Ale which was as good as any I've tasted. Lunch, a salad and the fish and chips were nicely presented, very tasty and well priced. Well done, will return.