“Good food and great service”
Review of Lemon Grass House - CLOSED

Lemon Grass House
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Good food and great service”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Recommended by the GM at Quest on Ward Hotel and yes, it was good indeed. Great service by both staff and owner and food was excellent too.

Visited January 2013

Irvine, California
“A nice first exposure to Thai food”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

First time trying a variety of Thai dishes. Enjoyed the shrimp and chicken dishes. Well seasoned, not over done. Manager/owner? was extremely nice, as he had opened the restaurant Sunday (typically closed) due to a convention crowd. prices were reasonable.

Hamilton, New Zealand
“Ambience & food to die for.”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

This has to be one of the best Thai food resturants in NZ & right up there with some of the best in Thailand. The attention to detail is outstanding, hundreds of imported Orchids, all so beautiful along with hundreds of genuine Thai artifacts etc, all adding to a genuine Thai abmbience. Our Thai waitress was a real little comic, a really fun person. The food was outstanding. We will definately be back, & also extremely well priced.

Visited November 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Just not enough thai flavour to excite me”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Visited for a quick bite on a business trip. The staff were very nice and I decided to order the beef green curry with jasmin rice and a local thai beer. I LOVE thai and have travelled extensively in Thailand so I know my thai cousine.

The night I visited the green curry did not excite me. The flavour was rather dull, not very aromatic and not nearly spicy enoygh to qualify for a traditional green curry. I also misses traditional ingredients line cafir lime leaves and young aubergine. Really, O got the impression that the sauce was just coconut mils and standard green curry paste which anyone can buy in the shops. This is not good enough for a classic that dish like green curry.

The decor was 'extremely thai' with thai ornaments everywhere.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Makker
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Lemon grass - Just too much”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Lemon Grass House has intrigued me since coming to Hamilton. The Thai decor and pretty decorations were appealing from a distance. Once inside it becomes a bit overwhelming and it felt like I was in a bad James Bond movie. All the gold artifacts, the vases and flowers everywhere are just too much. If you add the incence it becomes bizarre and makes me think of a funeral home. Enough on the decor, the food we ordered were some curries and Thai dishes. Although quite well constructed they were not my cup of tea and were quite bland. One of the dishes I ordered also did not arrive which left me hungry afterwards. (This was rectified by ordering a pie at the cafe) While some people may appreciate chatty staff the manager (or owner?) came across as quite overbearing and kept at it although we made it obvious we weren't interested. All in all not a happy meal.

• Visited October 2012