“Brilliant”

Add it.
Pumice & Ember Bistro Cafe & Deli
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great restaurant, good service, not crowded, views, and best of all a great meal.
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Can't wait 4 the new pumice because old was already awesome. We had a total of 3 Christmas functions there all booked by different people

There are newer reviews for Pumice & Ember Bistro Cafe & Deli

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Very disappointed with the value and quantity of the mains.Ordered the sirloin . Absolutely nothing wrong with the quality, just the fact it was the diameter of a roll of sellotape and came with a scattering of unidentifiable extras .Also not impressed with waitress felt that we were being rushed to order but worse were being continually interrupted during conversation (im there to enjoy good company of friends not to tell staff how wonderfully things are)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Very disappointing meal at the Best Cafe NZ 2013. My meal was the scallop dish, lots of apple ribbons,and a spoon full of greens, cubes of some unidentified material was it vegetable or fruit no one at our table knew. I feel the kitchen staff need to pay more attention to flavours. The scallops did not look very appetising with lots of "brown bits on them."Needless to say I was very disappointed in my meal. The portion were extremely small.Quite pricey for what we were served. This is not the first time I have dined here and on each occasion I have felt let down. Excellent staff and good ambience.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I just love going to eat Pumice in Hamilton. Each time I've eaten there I've always enjoyed the food which comes out so beautifully presented. You don't get a lot but what you do get is of a high quality and delivered with staff who know about the food they are serving you.

1  Thank Noelene S
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was in Hamilton for work and Pumice was recommended by a client, who knew they had just won "Best Café NZ" award for 2013. Went for evening meal with husband and son, we all enjoyed a delicious meal and attentive service. Thoroughly recommend chocolate marquis dessert - so, so GOOD!
Was in Hamilton again for work over the following weekend, and this time my dad also came down with husband and son, so we returned to Pumice. Again, great food - those pork sliders are delish! Only thing I would say is I think they need to spend a little time with their wait staff - our waitress on the first visit was wonderful (and apparently it was her first night), however on our return our waitress was twice asked for details about the wine and said she would check and come back and tell us - she didn't. Plus we didn't really need to know that much information about her dad and his love of rugby. Just little things, and I believe it's lovely when your waitperson is friendly, but it was slightly obtrusive.