“Great food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pumice Bistro Cafe & Deli - CLOSED

Pumice Bistro Cafe & Deli
Cuisines: European, Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: Great restaurant, good service, not crowded, views, and best of all a great meal.
San Francisco, California
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I was hoping to meet my friends at the restaurant at the Woodbox Winery. Unfortunately, the restaurant has been closed. So this restaurant was a last minute choice. I didn't know what to expect since the location id close to the mall. I liked the food and the service was very good.

• Visited January 2013

Hamilton, New Zealand
“Nice Food Good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I use the cafe area on a regular basis as they have nice food with Good coffee, The Brunch we had on a Sunday in the Bistro was awesome! All 4 of us totally enjoyed everything that was served!

Visited February 2013
“Very disappointing.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

You'd think that a little restaurant perched on the edge of a parking lot would not be deliver the kind of fine dining experience it seems to have tried to live up to and well you're right. It doesn't deliver on much but comfy chairs and a view of the setting sun, if you time it right. We started with a eel entree, which was more like a bad after school bowl of overly spicy iciban noodle broth with a few sickly globs of stinky eel tortolini swimming about. The waitress gave us side plates, which was a miss. Perhaps spoons, but because it was so unpalatable we just set it aside. The next courses were equally disappointing and all I can really give this chef credit for was the steak. It was at least cooked the way we requested. I can't fault chef for lack of imagination, but I can say his execution was immature unskilled and his food lacked balance, flavours that complemented one another and overall simplicity. And I can't say much about the service either; other than the team of green servers were awkward, inexperienced busybodies and completely unintuitive. What is wrong with waiting until the customer has put the menu down. It's a universal sign....but somehow the whole concept eleduded the young inexperienced crew. Overall, an incredible disappointment. If I owned this establishment I'd invest a little more into my staff and taste the food before it comes out of the kitchen and into the unsuspecting mouths of guests. Menu design and offerings didn't win any points either. If you're going to do something different do it well and with pride. It's not likely I'll return anytime soon or reccomend.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“One of the Top restaurants in Hamilton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a really great place for dining.

1. Service - the manager is always friendly, as are the staff. Children are made to feel welcome as they have a kid's colouring in sheet and special kids menu.

2. Food - top quality. I'm not really a food critic but I loved the steak. Done to perfection.

3. Atmosphere - great decor and impressive set-up with the continental deli and cafe adjoining the restaurant. It does have a view over an industrial estate, but I'm normally facing the other way concentrating on my meal!

It's good to have quality restaurants in the suburbs like Pumice, Zinc etc and we should support them all. Otherwise we are stuck with fast food and Pizza places.

I am just a person who went there for dinner, I have no affiliation with the business. Well done Pumice!

• Visited November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Service can be a bit slow but worth the wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Excellent menu and the food was as good as it read, service both times I have been has been slow and the restaurant not overly business either time. Surroundings were good with just enough room at the tables. Worth a visit but allow plenty of time for your meal.

Visited July 2012