“Still maintains good service and great food”

Smith & McKenzie Steak House
Ranked #30 of 379 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Are a regular visitor (rather then frequent) of Smith & Mckenzie Chophouse, I have reviewed it before. Over the weekend we went back there and took my mother who is a bit of a food critic and it didn't dissapoint. Great service and great food.

My mother had salt and pepper squid, my wife the pasta and I had fish and chips all were great all were cooked well and tasty and all good servings. We have never been let down by the service there, always friendly efficient and helpful, on the cusp of excellent.

There are newer reviews for Smith & McKenzie Steak House

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have visited this place about 3 times over a 3 year period, each time hoping they had learnt how to cook a steak, as I am a steak lover.
However each time the steak was over-cooked, I like it rare, but was lucky if there was any pink in sight!
Besides the inability to cook, the cuts themselves were poor, sinew throughout.
I have had mixed levels of service, like so many others I have read, not forthcoming when needing to make up for poor service or more likely, food.
Prices are way to high!!!
One thing I do like is the atmosphere, just a shame they can't find a chef!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Awesome service from the staff. New what they were talking about and had a good laugh with us. Everything in this place tasted AMAZING... apart from the steak. Picked their signature dish, was very disappointed with the steak but all the bells and whistles was very nice. Cannot say how awesome the staff were just a little disappointed with how the steak was cooked :( other than that very good :)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

A friend invited my wife and I to a meal. The place was amazing. The waiting staff friendly and helpful. The menu was simple and varied . The steaks were grilled to perfection but a little on the small side for the price. There was a large party who had arrived at the same time as we did and we were offered a free entre as there waiting time would be exceeded. New Style food, old style service. A really enjoyable evening. The meals are however on the expensive side $36-$46 for a main on average.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We drove to Hamilton from Auckland International after long flight to have a short break before proceed to our next holiday destinations in the North Island. No idea where to dine in Hamilton and my wife start to search from Google where the name of this restaurant pop up with short driving distant from our hotel. This restaurant really made our day, a nice relaxing atmosphere, excellent services and great food pairing with nice wine. A wonderful start of our vacation. Whenever we come back to Hamilton we will definitely dine here again.