“Went to compare...”

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Give this Australian interloper to the Hamilton restaurant scene a go...mainly to compare it with the Lone Star around the corner.
I've heard good things about this restaurant, but I will say that the food was basic average BUT not bad. My steak was done to my liking but the sides were standard. Drinks were good and service swift. Overly a good place to choose if you are hanging around for the Hood street nightclubs to start up. There are other eateries of the genre out there but this one is good.

There are newer reviews for Hog's Breath Cafe Hamilton New Zealand

Reviewed March 18, 2013

the steak was so tender you could cut it with a fork and I have mine well done. Believe me it is rare to find steak this good. the salad was fresh and the fries crispy. you couldnt ask for a better meal. Had a mocktail with the meal as well and it was cold and fruity.
The atmosphere was lovely and I would have give it 5 star but the sauce let it down, It was like tastless thickened cornflour under the prawns on the steak.. would have been better to leave it out all together. all in all well worth the visit.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Food was nice. However we were there about 9:30 - 10pm on a Saturday night and the staff were cleaning up around us which made us feel uncomfortable, vacuuming and putting chairs up on tables.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We had a very attentive waitress who was very friendly and recommended meals to get. It was really good food, nice helping sizes, though perhaps bit expensive. The atmosphere was lovely and I would love to go back there sometime.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

We took the kids for a treat but it was terrible, slow service, terrible food, expensive and small meals - not the rustic images on the menu. Wine was off. Steak burger was a meat pattie!

Wont go again.