“Am I in Mexico?”

The Flying Burrito Brothers
Ranked #87 of 359 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brisbane
“Am I in Mexico?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Macho Nachos for entree was one of a kind! I love eating nachos and their nachos is just different but delicious. Their chili con carne is in one pot with the tomato salsa, cream and melted cheese! Great combination!
I had the Ancho Chili Enchilada (type of chili that's not really hot) for mains and felt their flavours just go well (sauce with some saffron maybe) Rice with the chicken enchilada and some salad on top just did it for me! I prefer it a bit chili hot so I just added some hot sauce.
Anyway... I wish I live around here... We're just visiting:)

• Korean first
Wanaka, New Zealand
“Gorgeous Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

We love Mexican food and this didn't disappoint us! It is a little pricey, but we treated ourselves as we hadn't had a meal out in 3 weeks.
The service was friendly and fast. We had a hot cheese dip with nachos to share for starters, Stephen and I had a main meal which were good sized portions, so we got a lot for our money (we thought). With drinks the meal came to $70 but worth every bit nom nom nom!!

Visited December 2012
Cambridge, New Zealand
“Family friendly and fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Staff at the Flying Burrito ticked all the right boxes for a family night allowing adults to relax and enjoy. They started with activities for the children to do and then corn chips to nibble on as we got our drinks and orders in. Then the children's menu was very good. As adults we also enjoyed the range of meals available and the prompt and friendly service. We recommend this restaurant for a pleasant and relaxing summer evening out for families in Hamilton. Bon appetite.

HamiltonNZ
“Best Ever Virgina Margaritta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Dropped for an early dinner before a movie.
We were greeted by a lovely guy who gave us really good suggestions for our meals.

I cant pronounced what I had...but it was a "Bit of everything" and it was delish!! :-)
We were served prompty, the food looked and tasted great and we will be back.

The Waiter suggested the Margaritta and what a find that was. It was refreshing and I loved the contrast with the salk around the edge of the glass.

Great meal at a great price. With really good service.

• Visited December 2012
Fort Worth
“AUTHENTIC AND DELICIOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was recently visiting family in Hamilton, NZ and they said we should try a new Mexican restaurant in town. I am a Texan, and have tasted nasty Mexican food in numerous states outside Texas, so I didn't hold out high hopes for good Mexican food this far away.

There was a good variety listed on the menu, the prices were decent, yet I was still ready to be sorely disappointed.

However, that was not the case at all !! Our food tasted delicious, it had an authentic Southwestern US Mexican kind of flavor (as opposed to what we term TexMex), and was beautifully presented.

I LOVE spicy food, and picked the spiciest one on the menu; again, thinking "this isn't gonna be spicy because no kiwi likes food as spicy as a Texan!" Again, I was happy to be wrong. It had a wonderful "nip" to the sauce, but not overly-so.

I would highly recommend this as a place for good, authentic Mexican food, good service, and a lovely atmosphere.

• Visited October 2012