hamilton city holiday park
Quest on Ward(Hamilton)
$106
$98
    Ibis Hamilton Tainui(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
    $89
    $102
    $97
    $94
    Hotwire.com
    All reviewspowered sitelions tourplenty of hot waterfacilitiescountdownleafysupermarket
    Reviewed February 17, 2014

Usually I book accommodation myself but due to a busy few months it was left to the studio manager. Not only did we have the surprise of having to hire bed sheets etc and towels which for the price we were charged for how basic the accommodation was we were rather surprised, it was an old portacabin. Our room was illuminated by a security light that was on all night for the toilets, they had blinds but the light simply came through the sides. On leaving I received an email from the reception lady who on the first day left us waiting some 15 minutes whilst she had lengthy conversations with the people in front of us, this was nothing about their stay I may add. The email stated that there was some pen marks on the sheets which we were charged $40 for, even though no pens were even used in the room. Its just outrageous that the card was charged without permission let alone the fact we used no pens. The sheets were so old anyway and I wished I had checked the sheets beforehand as I feel that the mark was already there and we were merely buying them a new sheet set from warehouse. I strongly recommend going to one of the backpackers and getting a private room with a shower for less money that in fact includes your bedding and sheets. Do not go to this place such a rip off.

Room Tip: Do your research in Hamilton the motels are usually not too expensive and the back packers are good. Do not choose this place the location to the town is more than 20 minutes walk and there is not any amenities that close.
    • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
    5  Thank Lara H
    Reviewed January 26, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the Hamilton City Holiday Park. We were in a tent, so glad of the soft ground. The hedges between each site make for a pleasant outlook and larger trees provide shade and birdsong. The communal facilities were fine - an older ablution block as well as the newer one which we used - no metering for the showers, plenty of hot water. The stainless steel toilets aren't the most elegant but everything was clean and functional. The manageress was friendly and helpful - offering us a tent site close to the ablution block, and pointing out the free shuttle to the downtown casino. The electronic vehicle entry gate adds security. The other campers were quiet and considerate, and I think the management would ensure they were.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed June 16, 2013

The showers were shocking to say the least, having to push the button every 10 seconds was beyond a joke.
    The eating utensiles provided hadnt been washed from the previous stay, we had to wash them before we could use them, bloody terrible.

The whole place was pretty run down and un-kept. The cabin we stayed in shook like a magnatude 8 earth quake every time a truck drove past.

My partner and I booked for 3 nights, but only stayed for 2 and when my partner went to return the key to the office, the manager didnt even ask as to why we were leaving early. It was as though he was expecting it !!

We will never return !!

Room Tip: Would not recommend staying at this place
    • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank Chris M
    Reviewed June 12, 2013

I read the reviews then the camps site had a sort of a disclaimer, so thought OK give it a try..... Wll it was a horrible experience, the shower was tepid at its hottest...
    Pushing the button every 10 seconds... They need to change it... The surroundings were good, apart from the showers, not bad. But I will never recommend it.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
    3  Thank Cairy C
    Reviewed May 8, 2013

We booked 3 cabins here for our hiking group of 7, and found the cabins to be a good value for the price. One cabin was self contained, with small kitchenette, one double bed and two bunk beds, and an excellent shower and bathroom. The other two cabins were more basic with just one double bed, kettle, toaster and heater, but no water tap. Everyone was happy with their accommodation, though the bathroom sliding door in the 4 berth cabin was warped and left a gap when closed.
    One niggle that concerned me was the 30 day cancellation period, which I felt was excessive - especially as a $35 booking fee would also be deducted from the 100% deposit they demanded.
    However, that said I would happily stay here again, and would reccommend it to anyone wanting cheap but good quality accommodation in Hamilton.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends