“average hotel”
Review of VR Hamilton Hotel

VR Hamilton Hotel
Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed March 27, 2014

we booked this hotel for a night as a couple.unfortunately we have to say we wont come back again because of 3 main reasons :
1.parking place for our car was below average,very tight space for the car.
2.noisy place for a peaceful night sleep because of the various nightclubs around the hotel.
3.air conditioning of the room was very poor.

BUT the girls at the reception is very great friendly,welcoming,smiling and professional.
The room,toilet and shower was clean and okay though.
cheers!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
HamiltonCityOaks, Guest Relations Manager at VR Hamilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Dear davesingh25,

I thank you for taking your valuable time out and providing such a constructive feedback.

I do apologize that our hotel did not deliver to your expectations, and would love to have you staying with us on your next visit to Hamilton to see what difference your feedback has made to the quality of our guest's experience. Our staff can assist you with the car park, and we will ensure to put you in a quiet room at the back of the hotel, away from the main street.

Many thanks for being our mentor! Please accept my sincere gratitude for sharing this with me as your review was very helpful.

There are newer reviews for VR Hamilton Hotel

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Unfortunately I've had a horrible experience dealing with this hotel in the first point of contact. The hotel manager treated me with such disrespect over the phone and told me that I was a liar, and he couldn't do anything about the miscommunication that occurred. I think this is probably the worst customer service I have ever received and would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Katrina L

Dear Katrina,

I sincerely apologize you had this experience at this hotel. I have taken your feedback into consideration, and vast improvements will be put in place to ensure such miscommunications do not happen again.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

We checked into our room, to discover mouldy, filthy, ripped curtains, overlooking a public balcony which is reserved for smokers, at window level. The linen was smelly as was the room itself. The bathroom was dated and dWe left immediately and made reservations elsewhere.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JCR1969
Reviewed February 23, 2014

we got "totally abused" by the night concierge ..and I mean, "yelled at!
Such an insulting, and undeserved weird moment for a 38 year old women renting the executive suit!! He, also on an other occasion; weirdly came storming into our room, aggressively telling us that we should not smoke in the room and all the consequences we were to get.. I mean why come to our room for that? We are very well travelled people/adults and we never would do such a thing! How odd..
Such a full on grumpy old man!
Was actually sad to watch.
No reason for that kind of attitude and lack of communication skill, it was sooo weird that we ended up having to laugh!.and well, we must thank him for that part because we laughed a lot after!
Anyhow, I strongly suggest not to spend your money there, unless you love dusty stinky spaces..and bad attitudes.. and when I say stinky i really mean it, the place is old (ok some bit of charm here and there,..), but sooo dusty and.. to top it up, it stinks like sewage.
Sorry, Hamilton City Oaks..but for $240.. actually maybe you should say sorry?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Coco-Candide

Dear Coco-Candide,

I am incredibly sorry you had this negative experience at this hotel, this is certainly no way to treat a guest!

We would love to have you staying with us on your next visit to Hamilton to see what difference your feedback has made to the quality of our guest's experience, we know that you will have a much more positive experience with our teams customer service.

Many thanks for being our mentor and please accept my sincere gratitude for sharing this with me.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night. The pictures on the website look good, but when we go there, the building was not nice and quite dirty looking. The whole hotel (especially the room) smelt awful and the decor was definitely something out of the ancient times.

The curtains and windows were dirty. The room was massive, but there was not enough furniture to fill it out.

The air conditioning may as well not have existed. It was on "10 degrees" yet still felt about 28 degrees.

The bedding and bathroom was clean - but the smell really ruined it for me.

There was a nice lady at reception which was great.

Room Tip: I'd probably save your money and try somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ash A

Dear Ash A,

There is so much learning from your review and I will be sharing this with each member of our team, both for the areas where we were commended for and the occasions where we had scope of improvement. I am pleased to let you know however, that we have just got in new curtains! We are in the process of putting them up now. We are definitely taking all your other points into consideration, and making vast improvements to this hotel.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I made a phone call to this hotel to change the check in time, The lady agreed and 15 minutes time later she called me and told me the check in time can not be changed due to her manger is not allowed to. I asked to speak to the manager, and the man is very rude with his ego and told me " do not come to the hotel and we do not want you to be in here." what a nightmare.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam J

Dear Sam J,

I am very disappointed to hear about your poor experience, and your feedback has been taken into consideration and improvements have been put in place as we know that is no way to treat a valued guest!

We would love to have you staying with us on your next visit to Hamilton to see what difference your feedback has made to the quality of our guest's experience. We trust your next experience with us will be a positive one.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

The location and staff were good. But this place does not look like it does in the photos. We had one of the worse rooms, I'd imagine, due to a late booking. But the bathroom was spacious and clean. The whole hotel was very grubby and smelled really bad. I didn't even want to take my shoes off in the room. It was also really noisy at night, but not due to being on the main street. In our room, every time someone in one of the adjoining rooms had a shower, it would be really loud in our room. This was not something we appreciated at 3am in the morning. We could also hear the air conditioning unit loudly. The worst thing was the parking, which was really awkward to park in. We even scratched my car while trying to fit into their many awkward spaces. Overall, I did not enjoy my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Sherry P

Dear Sherry P,

There is so much learning from your review and I will be sharing this with each member of our team, both for the areas where we were commended for and the occasions where we had scope of improvement. We have recently had a new photographer to take new photos of the hotel to put on our website for a more accurate depiction of the rooms. We have also taken your other points into consideration and are looking for ways to improve these.