Novotel Hamilton Tainui
Quest on Ward(Hamilton)
$96
$87
    Ibis Hamilton Tainui(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
    $75
    $97
    $94
    Orbitz.com
    1,233 results
    All reviewsvalet parkingthe riverbusiness hotelhotel restaurantmini barcomfortable hotelbuffet breakfastcentre of townpillow menuthe main streetsuperior roomper daycentral locationone night staycar parknew zealandgreat room
    Reviewed May 10, 2014

In writing this review I am aware that I am possibly being a bit tough in that I am comparing this Novotel to a number of others in which I have stayed in various places. This is a pleasant hotel with excellent staff. All staff were smiling, instantly accommodating without being obsequious, well presented and a delight to deal with. My wife and I were here for a conference in the hotel over a weekend so the meals we ate, apart from breakfast were prepared specifically for the conference participants which meant we did not eat in the restaurant for lunch and dinner. The food we did have served was pleasant enough. Breakfast was typical hotel fare that you will find in hotels throughout Europe, Asia, America and Australasia. We had a basic deluxe room with a king sized bed. The room was not particularly big and appointed with a rather "plastic" look but it was was clean and fresh and the bed was comfortable. Air conditioning worked well and there was a blanket supplied for those who did not wish to use the duvet - a good touch. But why do hotels persist in having only one space for a suitcase in a room. Are we odd in travelling with a case each? The hotel is well sited in a main street. There is a nice walk along the river beside the hotel, a number of pleasant restaurants very near the hotel and easy access to shops. The factor missing which I have enjoyed in other Novotel Hotels was a lounge and foyer that was spacious, accommodating and inviting. If you have stayed in Novotels in Thailand for example where a band or string quartet is common in the evening and there is a spacious lounge in which to relax then this place may disappoint. Apart from that this is a pleasant hotel with a wonderful staff and is a bright, clean and reasonably priced place to stay in a good location. It is a pity there is not a rating between "average" and "very good" because this is better than average but perhaps not quite very good.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the street but was still quiet.
    • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
    DBreukink, General Manager at Novotel Hamilton Tainui, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Hi Jack. Thanks for your comments in regards to your stay with us. Not sure whether I agree with your comment that you have been tough on us. We are looking forward to sincere reviews and yours is as valuable as others. In regards to the band in the lounge; guess it is a bit of a cost factor for a 4 star hotel, as much as what we would like to provide you. Hope you will be able to visit us again. Best regards, Dick Breukink, General Manager

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Stayed 2 nights and were very happy with the overall service, comfort and cleanliness of hotel. Had 2 meals in restaurant - lovely steaks! 2 breakfasts, great options, very clean and tidy. Bed was very comfortable. Very handy for walking to shops and river. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank caroytab

Hi Carolyn. Thanks for commenting on your recent stay with us. Great to read that you have enjoyed the restaurant so much. With kind regards, Dick Breukink, General Manager

Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed the night here with brand new hubby! Woman was absolutely lovely when I booked- via phone from Dunedin. She did her best also to schedule an early check in time as my husband and his groomsmen wanted to get ready there- I explained to the lady that the wedding was at 2 and was half an hour out of Hamilton, so the earlier the check in the better. She said this shouldn't be a problem as it didn't look as though they were especially busy on this date.
    We booked a superior room- even though the lady on the phone did recommend a suite. I should have listened to her! Although the room was fine for myself and hubby at the end of the night, I don't know how four men + photographer managed to get ready together in the space! Also although the room was tidy and modern, it would have been nice to have something a little more special for our wedding night, so I would advise others for a special occasion to spend the extra money and get a suite.
    My one complaint was that although I had asked and been told that hubby could check in at 11am, when they showed up to do that they were told they'd have to wait for the original check in time. It would have been nice to have been made aware of this before they turned up as there were other members of the bridal party with rooms at other hotels that they could have used. Caused a bit of a panic as it meant they only had around an hour to get ready!
    On the other hand this was more than made up for when my husband (not so organized) decided he'd like to get me roses after every florist in Hamilton had shut. The miracle worker at the desk managed to get this done and have them in the room waiting when we came back from our reception.
    I would definitely return, but probably wouldn't expect and kind of flexibility with check-in etc and would upgrade if you are looking for something special.

Room Tip: We stayed on the river side which was very quiet.
    • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank Sarah C

Dear Mrs. Sarah. First of all, of course congratulations on your wedding. I really hope that you had a good time in Hamilton. Sorry about the timing of your room; it does sometimes help when making a reservation for a suite, as they provide you with more room. Thank you for staying with us on your wedding night. Best regards, Dick Breukink, General Manager

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic location, the staff are very accommodating, rooms have beautiful decor - borders on boutique hotel styling. The breakfasts are excellent with fresh healthy options including lots of gluten free.
    One let down of whole hotel and reason for not giving in 5 stars is the dinner. The restaurant food at night was consistently a let down. We must have collectively ordered 8 meals over a few nights and not one would I order again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Courtney. We really appreciate the time you took to review your stay with us. I have taken your comments in regards to the dinner on board and will discuss this with my respective managers. We are currently working on a new menu, which will come out at the end of May 2014. Best regards, Dick Breukink, General Manager

Reviewed April 29, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
    Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com