“A great addition”

Quality Hotel The Ambassador
Ranked #26 of 62 Hotels in Hamilton
“A great addition”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was in Hamilton to watch the Chiefs beat the Hurricanes and I was offered an upgrade to the new Clarion Suites, a recent addition to the Quality Hotel Ambassador. The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, warm and cosy. Really worth an upgrade next time your in Hamilton.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Hi Don M,

Thanks for taking the time out to give us some feedback! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Clarion and we look forward to seeing you back with us again soon!

Kind regards,

Rawinia Putt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Korean first
Piopio, New Zealand
Reviewed July 5, 2014

I held a baby shower at the Ambassador's Cube Lounge last weekend and the whole experience was fantastic. The communication with Wil prior to the occasion was great, on the day his Staff were so helpful, happy and nothing was a problem. Definitely above and beyond! We had a hi-tea and the food and tea was amazing. One guest commented it was superior to the Chateaus Hi-Tea that she had been to recently. The venue was perfect for our group. Warm, welcoming and homely atmosphere, lots of natural light, modern, clean and professional. Facilities were clean with all the extra little touches that make a difference. Thank you all so much for making our day so relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: If organising a function etc maybe give the guests directions as it appeared to be hard to find, may...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Hi PPLisa!

Thanks so much for your great feedback!! We were pleased to have you here with us and glad that everyone had a great time at the Baby Shower - it was a pleasure to have you here!

The Cube Lounge is a fantastic venue that we are very proud of and glad it was a great space for your event. It is quite versatile and we a proud to say we can cater to any event and hope that we will be considered for any thing in the future!

I'm pleased to get feedback on our team and will most certainly pass on your thanks and congratulations Will and the team in the cafe.

Thank you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying here on a recent visit to Hamilton for work. I remember staying here a few years ago and seeing the changes here was amazing! The place has had a makeover in recent times and it has brought this old gem into the 21st century. I stayed in a lovely room in the top of the tower overlooking the swimming pool. The bed was beautiful, the linen crisp and carpets clean and the bathroom immaculate! Such pride is obviously taken in the presentation of the rooms, and after running into a lovely housekeeper in the hallway this was evident. She was more than happy to grab me an extra towel and for me, and even added a couple of extra tea sachets for me after seeing I enjoyed it so much!

The welcome I received was amazing. The young lad on the desk Josh went above and beyond, welcoming me like I was royalty, accommodating me at short notice, and assisting my in getting some faxes sent for a report I needed to get back to my office. He was clearly busy with other guests at the time but I noticed he took care of each and everyone of us who had bombarded him at the time with courteous, and personal service and by the reaction of all the guests, some of whom who looked like they were clearly frustrated by their day, they all appreciated it with the smiles and kind words they left with - well done young man, your experience and professionalism shines and your passion for your work is obvious.

I had a delicious experience in the cafe, with an outstanding breakfast and the coffee was to die for!

Upon departure, I was greeted by the young woman who is in charge of this operation. What a delight. We got talking, business, news, kids, family, everything was personable and I was taken on a tour of the new hotel that has been completed which is amazing in its own right. I'm looking forward to staying there on my next visit.

Thanks for a brilliant stay - keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Request the tower, the higher floors facing the pool offer a bit more quiet!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Hi jsan56,

Thank you so much for your great feedback on your stay with us! We value all feedback that we get and just love to see stories like yours!

I'm glad that you got to experience all that we have to offer here, we do try to accommodate each and every guest and request that have, and do our utmost to ensure a pleasant stay.

Our guests are our number one priority being in a customer service industry, and we take pride in offering personal, attentive service!!

Thank you again, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Kind regards,
Wanganui, Manawatu-Wanganui, New Zealand
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Three of us stayed recently for a business trip.Although there was traffic noise early on this hotel was quiet enough to sleep well. We had a one bedroom unit in which the beds were well spaced.The staff member we dealt with was friendly and accommodating. As we weren't comfortable driving in Hamilto it wasgreat to be able to leave our car here for the day after we'd checked out, and then walk to our business venue.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Hi Ladybug!

Thanks for your review on your recent stay with us - we appreciate your feedback!

I am pleased that you were accommodated well and enjoyed your stay and got a good nights rest. Our location is definitely a high point with proximity to major CBD locations within walking distance, it takes the hassle out of driving in a new town and finding a park!

Thanks once again, we look forward to the opportunity to host you again in the future.

All the best,
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night and expected a bit of hubbub, but it was extremely quiet with just the barest sound of traffic - in central Hamilton. Great room, very comfortable, spotless beds. At last a decent place to put my suitcase, and a decent sized desk area for my laptop. If this is retro, give me more! Great range of cable channels - fantastic. Staff on reception (both phone and in person) obviously took pride in their work and the Ambassador. Convenient parking, cafe on site (mmm, coffee). A haven. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Ambassador_Team, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Hi there Hambovisitor!

Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay here with us! So glad you enjoyed it and felt comfortable in your Retro Studio! It is a bit nostalgic, yet offers all the modern comforts you would expect. Fantastic news you got to experience the fantastic coffee we have here! It truly is a life saver... trust me :-)

I trust your trip home was a safe one and all is going well for you. All the very best and we look forward to seeing you again next time you're up this way!

Kind Regards
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We booked in as a sports group of 28 - it was perfect - however perfect for anyone travelling, and there was a real mixture of guests. Staff were fantastic even when shifts changed they all knew about us and our requirements - shows good management and attentive staff. There is a great pool/bbq area for everyone to enjoy. We had a mixture of room sizes and everyone was very happy, we had mainly 2 bdrm rooms and they were just great - so spacious - yes they are basic and not 'luxury' but I did not expect anything more then what we got, and it was fantastic value for what we paid for. Plus shops are across the road made life easy! Cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mel S
Hi Mel S,

Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay here with us at The Ambassador.

We are glad that we were able to accommodate your group and that everything went well. We pride ourselves in our customer service and ensuring that everyone one of our team members is aware of all our guests and are able to provide consistent excellent service!

Our location is great for groups such as yourself with easy access to the main roads to get to the various venues around town and having the shops across the road takes the hassle out of sourcing supplies!

Thank you once again, we wish you all the best and look forward to being of service again in the future.

Kind Regards,
Hamilton, New Zealand
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to other families with children. My husband and I with our x5 children stayed here over the Christmas period and we received great customer service from the staff who were very friendly and accommodating, first class customer service. We are a big family and the family room we stayed in was very clean and spacious, beds were comfortable. The pool was a highlight of our stay as the children spent most the time in the pool & spa. I'm reading a previous review where it talks about the fence & kids climbing over it, well this wasn't a problem for me with my young children as they know not to climb over fences that have pools!! and children would need a chair to climb it as it seems to high for them to climb. The fence was secure and had a lockable gate and the height of it seems fine. Great location of the hotel been in the city where we enjoyed the display of the city lights all on at night. We are placing this hotel on our list of hotels to visit again. Thank you Ambassdor Hotel for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Great Family Suites.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Ambassadorhamilton, General Manager at Quality Hotel The Ambassador, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Hi Lanz502

Thank you so much for your review on your stay here with us at the Quality Hotel Ambassador.

It was a pleasure having you and your family staying here with us over the Christmas period, it was great to see everyone having a good time and enjoying the facilities.

We are glad that everything went smoothly and we thank you for choosing us.

Wishing you all the very best.

Kind Regards