Argent Motor Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
BKs Hamilton(Hamilton)
    Ashwood Manor(Hamilton)
    View Hotel
    All reviewswaikato hospitalmotor lodgenew zealandbusy roadpillow menuplace to staywell equipped kitchenwaitomo cavesone bedroom apartmentcomfortable beda wonderful staydouble glazingmain roadhamilton gardensexcellent motelshort drivelarge bathroom
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed August 28, 2013

Convenient location to the hospital and very easy to get to and from the airport. Lovely service, even after playing netball Clare ;-). Comfortable and well appointed rooms. Should I need to travel back for business at any stage I would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed August 25, 2013

I would love to give a bad review and keep this gem to myself so I could guarantee a booking but I can't. Richard and Clare are the friendliest motel users in the country. The property and rooms are immaculate and they go above and beyond on service and comfort. When I stay here on business, they make me feel like the most important person in the complex and I know others feel like that too. I travel all over New Zealand for business and staying in motels is a drag for me, but I always look forward to staying here. Thank you both for your kind and generous hospitality.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here, just get on and book!
    • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
    Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Thanks so much to Richard and Claire for making us feel so welcome, ;) absolutely enjoyed our stay with u guys ;)))) beautiful clean rooms and comfy beds, the service provided was above and beyond the call of duty. How many ppl would offer their own dinner to total strangers ;) thanks so much, we will never forget the kindness of u and ur lovely wife ;) highly recommend staying here, look forward to seeing use again xx Bianca and whanau

• Stayed: August 2013
    Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here with two young kids. Our suite was spacious, comfortable, attractive and immaculately clean. Manager Claire is the friendliest hotelier I've ever met and the standard of service and attention to detail is excellent. A five minute drive from the centre of town, ten minutes from the airport. If you are visiting the 'tron, drive right on past the ugly 70s motels at the north end of the city and skip the noisy, tacky hotels in the CBD - this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
    Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were driving to Auckland when an unexpected rainstorm made us decide to stop for the night. We chose the Argent Motor Lodge based on its TripAdvisor rating, and were very glad that we did. Clare was very friendly and kind; she was also extremely helpful. She talked over the different room options with us so we could get the right room for us, and gave excellent advice on local restaurants. The room itself was outstanding- spacious, clean, equipped, comfortable, and with the single best bath/shower room we saw in 16 days in New Zealand. A generous free wifi allowance plus the NZ-standard endless jar of mints in the lobby- heavenly!

The motel itself doesn't have a restaurant, but a nearby place called Scoff delivers there. Scoff's food is quite good.

We had to leave early in the morning and didn't see our hosts on the way out, but they sent us a very kind email shortly after we left wishing us well on the rest of our trip.

Room Tip: We stayed in a one-bedroom unit. It was larger than some apartments I've lived in. For two people it was extremely spacious; we could have easily fit a third person on the living room couch. The shower and bathtub were excellent- I'm finicky about showers, and this one was top-notch. The room had two televisions- one in the living room and one in the bedroom- plus a nice little kitchen and a very comfortable bed.
    • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple