“Great view”
Review of Zealong

Ranked #9 of 394 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Zealong Tea Estate – where you can enjoy the ultimate in luxury, combined with our own unique blend of New Zealand hospitality. Widely regarded as a Waikato icon, Zealong Tea Estate is the only commercial tea estate in New Zealand, producing 100% organic award-winning tea. The estate is a world-leading destination for tea, art and hospitality in an unrivaled setting. Offering serene views, a variety of function venues, public activities and tours, our multi-talented team is dedicated to creating an extraordinary guest experience every day.
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

A lovely place out of town center, sit in the courtyard with great country view. friendly services, reasonble prices.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Whow, I arrived late morning to enjoy a quiet cup of tea and some lunch. I was blown away by the lovely setting of the Zealong Tea Estate in rural Hamilton. The restaurant was first class and the staff very professional and friendly.

I ordered one of the new curry's on the lunch menu and a vegetable teppanyaki. The food was exquisitely presented, and all of it at the perfect temperature. The rice with the curry was fluffy and perfectly cooked.

I had a delightful experience and will certainly be returning

2  Thank TonyEveritt
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My friend and I have decided we will take each other here for our birthday treats each year as it is such an enjoyable experience.
The location and amenities/ decor are superb and the food is a true taste sensation. The serenity of the surroundings and the elegance of the way the wait staff explain and serve the tea is instantly relaxing, making for a truly superb experience.
I have been here twice and tried the Tiffin option but having seen the incredibly delicious looking lunch dishes being placed in front of other diners, I think I will try that menu next time.
The first time I went, the Tea Pickers were working on the plantation in the distance and I truly felt like I was overseas somewhere. It was such a beautiful scene.
I will book to take the Tea Tour next time too.

1  Thank LucyMoosey08
Reviewed May 31, 2014

After a reasonable wait to be served a waitress apologised for not attending to us sooner and we eventually placed our order. Again another wait before the food arrived. I had ordered the Signature Tiffin, which included a variety of sweet and savoury items. However i was disappointed to not get all of the items listed on the menu, no macaron, chocolate tart or brûlée. No explanation for the substitute biscuits or an apology and was also more alarmed as other tables received these items. I raised it with reception upon paying but felt just a bit let down by the feeble excuses.
The views are lovely and the set up good, but having been here a few times, i do know how temperamental the quality of service and food are.

ZealongT, Manager at Zealong, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Dear guest,

We thank you for your honest comments and we value your feedback. We are sorry that your last stay at Zealong Tea Estate did not live up to your expectations and past experiences.

We have investigated the issue and found that the "special high-tea" that you were served was meant for another table with specific requirements.

We deeply apologise for the inconvenience and we will review our training schemes for newer staff.

Kind regards
Zealong staff

Reviewed May 30, 2014

A fabulous experience for our first, but not last, visit to the Zealong plantation. We ordered different teas and the same tiffin menu and were delighted by the taste sensations. The service, explanation and outlook were so great we've already recommended to others and planning a return trip (albeit a day return for us).
The views overlooking the plantation are quite tranquil and beautiful. The atmosphere was dented only by other guests.
Well worth the journey and stop over.

1  Thank Nicola W