“A great place to take friends and family”

Foundation Bar Kitchen Lounge
Ranked #27 of 365 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Pizza, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Setting strong foundations in style and flair, setting the scene as a place to relax, chill, and feel the vibe, Foundation the place to meet, drink & eat the freshest cuisine that the region has to offer. Foundation the gathering place for mate’s to immerse themselves in the excitement of their favourite sport or whatever they please.Without this FOUNDATION we are condemned to live essentially formless lives.... ‘Disobedience is the true foundation of liberty’ – Henry David Thoreau
Hamilton, New Zealand
“A great place to take friends and family”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Foundation Bar Kitchen Lounge has become our favourite 'Local'. We have only ever had excellent service from the friendly staff. As a smoker, I appreciate the separate enclosed garden area. In fact, some of my non smoking friends prefer to sit in this area due to the beautiful plants etc.
I have never had a complaint about the food, and find I make compliments to staff after every visit. A few months ago, I took some friends from Auckland to lunch here. One particular friend enjoyed the food etc so much, she brought friends down to Hamilton specifically to dine here!
My only request would be - Please bring back the AWESOME pavlova I had for dessert last summer!!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Val12-1964

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Good Food, Good Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Went here for a family dinner. Food seems to keep getting better! Had scallops for entree, pork belly for dinner and chocolate brownie for desert. All was well presented and tasted really nice. The pork belly was something else, not something I would usually order, but it tasted beautiful.
Atmosphere was nice, no loud music so you could actually have a conversation.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank DaveRabj
“Special Family Dinner”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went with my family for a special dinner on the night before our son's 21st birthday celebration. There were only a few people when we arrived and the place is huge! Good atmosphere at that time. Each one of us ordered different types of dishes to compare with each other to find out what it's like. It didn't take long for the orders to come and it's all well presented. We're all satisfied with our orders. The staff were friendly and checks on us if we need anything else. The price were reasonable for each dishes too! I recommend Foundation to our friends to try out.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Beth M
Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Much improved”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Went to foundation for lunch. Much improved service from last 3 times. Food keeps me going back but was previously let down by the service.

1 Thank Fun-Damentals
Hamilton
“Very good”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner the other night
Food was lovely, service was good and just had a great night
We had very friendly staff serve us BUT have been before and it wasn't up to par then
Much better this visit would go again no problem

2 Thank denisemj62