“Consistency every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gothenburg

Gothenburg
Ranked #2 of 359 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: European, Spanish, Fusion, New Zealand
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Gothenburg serves a great selection of tapas. We focus on having a relaxed atmosphere combined with excellent service. We have a beautiful view of Waikato River from our dining room and outdoor terrace, and are located just a minutes walk from the main street.
“Consistency every time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have been frequenting Gothenburg since it opened over two years ago and have found the food and service consistently excellent.
The tapas are defiantly my pick in the food department with a delicious assortment of dishes. The tuna carpaccio is exquisite and would have to be my favourite.
The wine range is very good and the Spanish house red is superb drinking and great value for money.
The beer selection is second to none in the Waikato and constantly changing. I had a fairly limited beer pallet when I started going to Gothenburg but after some guidance from one of the owners Carl, I have managed to sample and enjoy an extensive range of beers from around the world and NZ (I am defiantly hooked).
With excellent service, great food and beverages at a price point that doesn't wreck the budget, it is hard to go past Gothenburg for a great night out in Ham.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Hamilton, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Food, Fantastic Service and Fantastic Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I am now a regular at Gothenburg and every time I go there I receive great service from the friendly and helpful staff, The food is consistently of a very high standard with a lovely selection. Definitely 5 stars, would highly recommend.

• Visited October 2011
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2011

The best food I've ever eaten, I had the beef fillet which was superb. Value for money is excellent, staff attentive and decor is lovely and warm:)

Henley in Arden, United Kingdom
“Excellent pizzas, great choice of beers.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

We arrived in Hamilton to see a Rugby World Cup game, so we immediately headed for the Fanzone. Gothenburg had some good reviews so we decided to eat there. I recommend the pizzas, my goats cheese one was very tasty. The beer list is long, but our waitress was sufficiently knowlegeable to guide our choice.

• Visited October 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Fantastic food and excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

We went for lunch and each of the dishes we chose was outstanding in taste and presentation. The coffee at the end was great too. We will certainly be back again.

• Visited August 2011