“Wow”

Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Hamilton
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

What a fantastic place to stay. Super friendly and helpful people, immaculate rooms, comfortable bed, big TV, great ammenities, security cameras in parking area, what more could you want? How about the thoughtfulness of having the room toasty warm and the lights on in the room when I arrived on a cold rainy night. Your are crazy if you go anywhere else. Now that I've written this, I'll probably have to book months in advance - damn!

Room Tip: There is upstairs or down, you choose
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Karen D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have stayed twice at Fountain City. We have found the service to be excellent, the cleanliness of rooms to be excellent and it is nice to be close to town. The rooms could do with more natural light and modernised but were very nice for both our stays. There is a little noise from upstairs if you are in the downstairs rooms, both times this has not impacted on our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TopGuNZ
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've stayed at half a dozen places in Hamilton and this is my overall favourite so far. I was upstairs at the far end with a balcony that overlooks the neighbouring park. It's super quiet (internal and external noise). It's central, but you feel like you're in the country. Private with excellent security and ample parking. It was like a self contained apartment. Kitchen, plunger coffee, heat pump, large bathroom, huge tv, wifi, a separating lounge. The couch was so comfy I slept on it one night. The bed is huge. Retro/fun/quirky layout. Delivery charge back restaurant option. A direct dial to room option for outside callers. The staff are excellent. Friendly and professional. Happy to go the extra mile. The housekeeping lady was superb. She knew I liked to get up late and would leave me till last. She'd do all the thinking for me while I slowly gained consciousness and did the thinking for me. Nice people, nice place. They're there if you need them, otherwise they'll leave you to it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room with a park view. Upstairs is nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank WairuaS
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We are a family of 4 and this is the second time we have stayed here. Amy the duty manager is very nice and goes out of her way to be helpful with good suggestions where to eat and made sure the sofa bed was ready for the kids as we were arriving late. The rooms have been clean and it is nice to have a big bench in the bathroom and a shower with good pressure. Please be aware that this Motor Inn desperately needs updating but the price, cleanliness and service make up for it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank K T
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

We only stayed for 1 night at this hotel in mid-March. It is located on a main road through town - on the way out heading towards Auckland - but we never heard any traffic noise. We had ground floor room 7 with a massive comfortable king size bed. The room was a little dated though clean. When we first walked in, I was surprised we had a large sofa in the room. I thought it was going to be nice to sit & watch TV on a sofa, but I was mistaken. It was however so uncomfortable after just a small time - I can only assume it was an old style sofa bed. I understand most people wont be concerned about the hair dryer in the bathroom, but this one is probably the worst I've ever encountered. I don't mind that it's old - it just needs to blow some air out to dry my hair! Our room looked out to a park area while rooms on the other side looked out to the car park. The room also had air-conditioning which was wonderful on the hot day/night. Free wi-fi was included in the price and we had no trouble connecting. The staff at reception were friendly and we had no complaints with their service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank no_444
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I had room 5, was handy to the carpark, pool, laundry & the furtherest of the ground floor rooms from the main road. It's an ideal location for a business stop over as it's handy to all parts of Hamilton.

The room was very clean & the bed comfortable. I didn't take a look at the pool, but the thought of being able to take a dip was enticing, especially with the humid weather. If the kids had been with me they'd of been straight in after a long drive.

Definitely value for money, hassle free & you don't often get shower pressure so great that you almost can't bear, almost a massage from the jets!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dad_plus_2_Boys
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

good motel for families with heaps of stuff to keep kids entertained. Only downside was the dust which you could see exploding off the sofa every time you sit on it. Not recommended for anyone with dust allergies.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family