Ibis Hamilton Tainui(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
$65
  • Room Service
Ashwood Manor(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
$59
$56
Camelot On Ulster(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
$80
$72
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $82/night.

$83
$81
Lake Point Motel(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
$66
$57
Priceline
All reviewsspa bathprivate courtyardsky channelsany queriesfree wifiulster streetrelaxing staythe room was nicestudio unitoff street parkingshort drivestayed for two nightsfantastic servicebusiness tripseparate bedroomwould definitely stay here againair conditioning
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

We had one sleepless night here. This was due to the people in each unit either side partying until we had to intervene with each after 3am. It’s scary having to do that. When I told the Manager about this the next morning he said I should have phoned him. That brings me to the unit size. It was comfortable and clean and tiny. Because there was so little place for storage we did not notice the phone on the small table as it was cluttered with our stuff. Also there was no instruction on the phone that reception was 24hours. Really really disappointed, and yes I guess the owner can’t help guests partying but he had a chance to do something with me to soften the blow eg discount on next booking or money back and chose not to. Will not be back and cannot recommend.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
hogan_chen, Manager at Ballinor Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Hi Na0mic,
It is disappointing that you gave us a bad review because you did not receive a refund. You had received an upgrade from your original booking and you were happy with the upgrade and considering that you had 2 mountain bike with you that is why we upgrade you to a room with a courtyard at the back so your bikes can be safely stored at the courtyard.
As we mention to you when you check out that I had not been made aware of the situation and you had a phone in your room on the table for you in case you need to contact us. (It is impossible to always try to list every detail in the room but looking through the number of accommodations you had reviews shows you are a well-seasoned traveler and it is not hard to find things such as phone on the table that can go unnoticed.

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

We were met by the receptionist who greeted us and took us to our room to explain the layout of the apartment. A nice touch. There is a double bed, small table and chairs, armchair, wardrobe and bedside table. Also a kitchen area with sink, fridge and microwave. The bathroom has a walk in shower, wash basin and toilet. Air conditioning, TV and internet access also provided. Car can be parked outside the door.
The nearest supermarket is a good 10 minute walk back towards the town, with restaurants a bit further on.
As we stayed for two nights we had anticipated that the apartment would be serviced, but it wasn't, so there was no tea for the second morning. A little disappointing.
The apartment was comfortable, quiet and clean.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a week and it is an excellent place to base yourself whether for a weekend away or for a longer stay. I was in room 7 towards the rear of the property and it was really quiet, exceptionally clean and very comfortable. I had a one bedroom unit with a private courtyard and was a little oasis to go back to after long days out.
Hogan and his team go above and beyond with anything you need, and as I arrived at 2am of the morning, it wasn’t a hassle to check in as Hogan had it all organised for me to get into my room and sort everything out once I’d had a rest after my flight. The parking is a bit tight if you have a large vehicle but is very convenient to your room. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit home and highly recommend this motel to anyone.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2018

I couldnt get in to my usual place in Hamilton so selected Ballinor.

The room was quite big with separate bedroom. Aircon in the rooms which is great.

I did notice some obvious dead flies and spiders in one corner suggesting that the room could have been cleaned better but I didn't feel it was dirty.

Bathroom was large with spa bath which came in handy.

Room Tip: Ask fro a rom away from the road to reduce noise
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

To anyone wanting to stay in Hamilton please note that Ulster Street (and the area) is home to most of the “motor lodge” type accommodation, and the road itself is busy. This means that any property you opt for in this area is prone to above average traffic noise, so I would recommend that you bear this in mind if you are a light sleeper. I have stayed in Hamilton 3 or 4 times and found most of this level of accommodation to be much the same: noisy - due to single glazed windows and volume of traffic including trucks around the accommodation belt area, small, cheaply fitted out but to standard for the area. I have not found a motel that stands out as good value for money that can assure a reasonable nights sleep due to the noise issues and single glazed windows most often selected. What baffles me is the above average ratings. I honestly don’t get it. I travel a massive chunk of the country and the quality of accommodation varies considerably but the reviews for Hamilton in my view are overly positive.

Ballinor is no exception to my previous experiences which have been average. The unit (no.2) is extremely small, adequately, although cheaply fitted out, with single glazed windows and is located very near to Ulster Street, and all of the traffic it supports. I was assured by the manager that I would not be impacted by the noise of the traffic but I got a 2 for 1 bonus deal as I noted that next doors (unit 1’s) snoring, olympics gold medalists bed was located against the same wall as unit 2’s, which ensured that not only did the traffic ensure a seamless lack of sleep but, at moments of low vehicular activity, I was regaled by the delightful resonance of unit 1’s snoring mega star. How on earth can snoring at the level where the walls vibrate not be a cause for major medical concern? I appreciate that this was no fault of the aforementioned snoring elite level athlete but a lack of sleep will undermine any persons sensibilities.

In addition, there was a faint whiff of something or other on entry into the unit and I can only assume that the smell emanated from the bathroom pipe works. Amenities included in your stay: double bed, flat screen tv with Sky satellite, free internet, a shower with amazing water pressure (this was my highlight), a stove top and mini fridge with provided milk. I must say that had the lack of sleep not played a major issue I would have given the establishment 3 stars rather than 2. This establishment is not diabolical by a long shot but certainly falls short of the business professional that is betting on reasonable digs and a good nights kip. If you are a light sleeper you need to insist on units as far from the road as possible. Check that the wall your bed is against isn’t shared by your neighbours bed. Look for alternative accommodation away from this busy area.

Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business