“Great stay in Hamilton”

Ranked #8 of 63 Hotels in Hamilton
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent value for money. Breakfast great. Lovely helpful staff. We'll definately stay here again when back in Hamilton. The location is very good, even tho we had car we were able to walk to cafes etc which was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Chris P, General Manager at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Hi Nicola D
thanks for your review - I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you're in Hamilton.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The best part was free breakfast & free parking. It was 3mins drive from all the places we needed to be during our stay and the receptionist was helpful with directions. However, there were no plates in our standard room so if you want to eat in, bring your own! And the bedding could have been better - the duvet inner had no cover (only a top bed cover - which was stained).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Chris P, Owner at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Dear AnonymousTraveller7
thanks for your review. I'm glad you liked the free breakfast and free parking. Our studio rooms are hotel-style, so we don't have plates and cutlery in those (our suites do), however they are available from reception, and we also have a microwave available for guest use. I'll look to see how we can make this clearer for guests. Thanks also for your feedback on the bedspread which I'll follow up with housekeeping. We are in the process of changing our bedding by introducing triple sheeting at the hotel.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived at 1am in the morning from Auckland and the man who was on the reception let us in and checked us in right away. He was very friendly and it was nice to see someone who understood that we were tired and wanted to head straight to the room.

We were put on level 2. We stayed for 2 nights. I stayed in the room with my parents. For 3 people it wasn't too bad. We weren't in the room much as we were in Hamilton for the Barbershop National Competition which was at Founders Theatre. We were out most of the day. Everything is in close proximity to this hotel by car.

We had a comfortable stay and the beds were absolutely fabulous and comfortable. The bathroom and hotel room was kept very clean. There was a wardrobe to hang our clothes and a table to eat our takeaways. It was very accommodating. Breakfast was also a nice treat before we left to go about our day. I ate the English muffins.

I recommend this hotel for all who come to Hamilton for business or events. I will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Chris P, Owner at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Dear prinzess26
Thanks for your wonderful review and recommendation of our hotel. Due to our location we regularly host guests who are performing at or attending events at the Hamilton theatres, and I'm glad we were able to provide you and your family a base to stay while you were in town for the Barbershop competitions.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Our family have stayed at Ventura Inn a few times now and have always found it great value for money. We really enjoy the complementary continental breakfast, perfect for what we need. The rooms are simple and clean and the staff are friendly. We will be back again.

Dear Samuel B
thanks for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you enjoy our free breakfast when you stay - it's very popular with our guests. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay in Hamilton.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was one of the best experiences re; away from home. Have been to many Conventions but the accommodation this time was excellent. The 6.30 am breakfast was a much appreciated.
Should our convention be in Hamilton next year Ventura Inn is where we will plan to stay.

Stuart Pam Wairoa

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris P, Owner at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Hi
thanks for your great feedback. I'm glad we were able to provide a home away from home during your convention here in Hamilton. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The motel is very pleasant with good facilities for someone travelling for business. My room was on the second floor, it was really comfortable and seemed pretty clean though I didn't like their pillows (They don't use a pillow protector so there's always a faint whiff of someone else having used it) Staff were average in their welcome, they didn't ask what I was there for or if I needed any information about the motel, the area etc. At breakfast the staff didn't speak to guests at all, and there was a very quiet uncomfortable atmosphere. However, the complimentary breakfast was very nice, to be honest was one of the reasons I chose the place as I didn't want to have to worry about taking food or finding somewhere to eat before the appointment that brought me to Hamilton. I ordered dinner too, from Scoff, which was delivered in quick smart time, was hot and great value. Great idea for them to work together to serve decent evening meals for guests.
I would definitely stay there again for work, but not sure if I'd bring family. It doesn't feel like a family place and I was woken up by loud voices and footsteps up and down the stairs at 6.30am - wouldn't be impressed if I was away for a family break or holiday.

Room Tip: Next time I'd want to be at the far end of a corridor, away from the hustle and bustle.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank maagee
Chris P, Owner at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Hi Maagee
thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We're glad you enjoyed the continental breakfast and were able to make use of the in-room dining provided by Scoff. I'm sorry that the staff weren't more welcoming on this stay - I'll definitely pass your comments on to the team.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was concerned about being too far away from Waikato stadium.Well I didn't need to be! Free buses mean you can jump on one and be transported to test or All Black game plus be 2 minutes from Hood St night life. rooms were as quite as can be expected after an All Black win but fine for traffic. Breakfast was great and included gluten free cereal for my coeliac husband.Best of all wonderfully helpful desk staff that did there best to help.Well done Ventura.

Room Tip: 120 was fine for a studio.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Kevin11457
thanks for your great feedback on our hotel, particularly your comments on the front desk staff which I have passed on. We look forward to being of assistance the next time you need accommodation in Hamilton.