“Perfect accomodation for business travel”

Ranked #10 of 62 Hotels in Hamilton
whakatane
“Perfect accomodation for business travel”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The motel is very pleasant with good facilities for someone travelling for business. My room was on the second floor, it was really comfortable and seemed pretty clean though I didn't like their pillows (They don't use a pillow protector so there's always a faint whiff of someone else having used it) Staff were average in their welcome, they didn't ask what I was there for or if I needed any information about the motel, the area etc. At breakfast the staff didn't speak to guests at all, and there was a very quiet uncomfortable atmosphere. However, the complimentary breakfast was very nice, to be honest was one of the reasons I chose the place as I didn't want to have to worry about taking food or finding somewhere to eat before the appointment that brought me to Hamilton. I ordered dinner too, from Scoff, which was delivered in quick smart time, was hot and great value. Great idea for them to work together to serve decent evening meals for guests.
I would definitely stay there again for work, but not sure if I'd bring family. It doesn't feel like a family place and I was woken up by loud voices and footsteps up and down the stairs at 6.30am - wouldn't be impressed if I was away for a family break or holiday.

Room Tip: Next time I'd want to be at the far end of a corridor, away from the hustle and bustle.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank maagee
Chris P, Owner at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Hi Maagee
thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We're glad you enjoyed the continental breakfast and were able to make use of the in-room dining provided by Scoff. I'm sorry that the staff weren't more welcoming on this stay - I'll definitely pass your comments on to the team.
We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was concerned about being too far away from Waikato stadium.Well I didn't need to be! Free buses mean you can jump on one and be transported to test or All Black game plus be 2 minutes from Hood St night life. rooms were as quite as can be expected after an All Black win but fine for traffic. Breakfast was great and included gluten free cereal for my coeliac husband.Best of all wonderfully helpful desk staff that did there best to help.Well done Ventura.

Room Tip: 120 was fine for a studio.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Kevin11457
thanks for your great feedback on our hotel, particularly your comments on the front desk staff which I have passed on. We look forward to being of assistance the next time you need accommodation in Hamilton.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed here for a night as we were going to the all blacks game in Hamilton. Great hotel, lovely staff. Girl on front desk printed off directions to the stadium for us. After the game she got taxis organised for us to go into the city centre. Really friendly.

Room Tip: We were in a standard one bedroom suite it was quite close to the road but ear plugs are all you nee...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Emeli47
Many thanks for your recent post on TripAdvisor. I'm glad you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Was in Hamilton early of August. Ventura is good for short stays. Situated in a strategic location, walking distance to town centre and other attractions. Was traveling in a group of 4 adults. Stayed in their 1 room suite. Would be great if the room space was increased. Cleanliness was top notch. Complimentary breakfast was nice. Friendly and helpful staffs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dairyman10my
VenturaHamilton, General Manager at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments in regards to your stay with Ventura. It was great to read that you fully enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 20, 2013

There are not many good quality rooms for around $125 but Ventura situated in the town centre fit the bill including continental breakfast. Spacious clean room and a large spa bath topped with being quiet would make me look to stay again.

Room Tip: Wotif is the way to go
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
VenturaHamilton, General Manager at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback you left regarding your stay with Ventura.
We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Have a lovely weekend.
Regards,
The Team at Ventura Inn & Suites :)
New Plymouth, New Zealand
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here on a Friday night on our way to Auckland. Not a bad location, within walking distance to main street etc.
Got a "casino package deal" - were given 2 x $5 vouchers to use at the casino and got refused by casino staff as they had expired. Told staff back at the hotel and they agreed to refund us.
Room was average, bed in need of replacement. Continental Breakfast was nice.
Don't think I would stay here again due to rubbish trucks collecting the bins from beneath the hotel at 5am on a Saturday morning - not impressed

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
VenturaHamilton, General Manager at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time express your concerns with Ventura.
I apologise for the SkyCity Vouchers, as we had been told by SkyCity these were still fine to use, however I have popped down there this week for new vouchers to stop this from happening again in the future.
As for the rubbish truck, I am unsure who this was as our rubbish day is a Monday morning after 9.00 am, but I will definitely look into this for you.
Once again, I apology for any inconvenience caused.
Regards,
Ventura Inn & Suites
Tauranga
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed here on recommendation of a business colleague. Clean, friendly, professional, breakfast included, internet included. Warm room, lift, gym. Everything I needed. Good location, hand to town, so can walk if you want a meal out. near supermarket.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
VenturaHamilton, General Manager at Ventura Inn & Suites Hamilton, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Good Afternoon,
Many thanks for the positive feedback. We are extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay with Ventura. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Hamilton.