“Pub Food”

Ranked #26 of 87 Restaurants in Gisborne
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very, very busy and lively with average food which was a complete contrast to the restaurant next door which was empty. Food was nothing special - basic pub style. Service was OK but we sat next to the counter and saw the mistakes that wait staff made with wrong orders for other customers, etc. Parking is avialable outside but we couldn't find a spot and had to park some distance away.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Had a nice lunch with a view over the port. Staff was helpful and friendly. Some of the meals I thought were a bit pricey for a lunch menu though the one I choose was delilious

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant for last night for dinner. Three of us ordered the roast chicken plus 3 others ordered other meals. Waited 40 minds for mains to be served.

Was disappointed with the me. Was supposed to be served with seasonal vegetables but came with 1/2 carrot, a small piece of cauli & a small potato cut in half. Not quite seasonal veges tot would expet.

Started to eat my meal & moved the chicken& there was blood on my plate. Called the waitress over & she may removed my plate& took it back to the kitchen. Wad offered a drink or garlic bread.

Plate was brought back or with the chicken being cooked in the microwave!! To cook through. Meal not reset or hot. On top of that. The waitress have a small apology but not suitable for raw chicken!!!

Went to pay & they were going to charge me full price!! Different waitress so no communication between staff. Got meal for1/2 price.

Very disappointed with meals & service. I wouldn't bother!!

1  Thank Rochelle N
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Very pleasurable experience. Just amazing food. Top class, very posh looking, beautiful flavours. Great desserts as well. Lovely place. Would love to go back, next time I'm in town.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had the pleasure of dinning at the Wharf Café and Bar. Our service was exceptional. The food was amazing. A most successful and pleasurable evening out. We shall be back.
Kind Regards Karen