“Great food and service”

Ranked #4 of 80 Restaurants in Gisborne
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We were recommended here and not disappointed. Great little bistro which had a great atmosphere, great service and a live pianist playing a range of melodies. Well worth a visit

There are newer reviews for USSCo Bar & Bistro

Reviewed January 11, 2013

i have to mention this restaurant, it is not the best , but i had quite a fairly good meal there, the service was ok standard wise.the ambiance was good, love the back patio.
i could see the chef doesn t show is best, shame because i believe his talented.
anyway, i will be back.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Ussco was a delightful experience. We dined on a Monday evening and were warmly welcomed to a really busy, humming restaurant. After taking a pre dinner drink at the bar, we ordered the duck spring rolls to enjoy with our second drink. There is a cute courtyard situated to the side of the dining room, where we took our second drink and the duck rolls. Amazing dipping sauce accompanies the duck spring rolls. We ordered our meals outside and when the entree was served, we were directed to our table. My entree of scallops was enough to set the standard for my main course, delicious! My partner had ordered the goats cheese entree which was equally enjoyable. The main duck was outstanding in flavour - the only criticism was the breast meat was a bit chewy, which was passed on to the waiter. The chicken main special was a perfect dish. I passed on the dessert option while my partner ordered the Deep fried donuts in chocolate dipping sauce, that took him for a walk down memory lane. The wine we enjoyed with dinner was the Clos de Ste. Anne Pinot Noir. Such a pleasurable experience and a delightful memory.

Reviewed November 23, 2012

The service was top class - just that right amount of attention without being over the top. There was a good selection of choices and a great variety of flavours to tantalise. While the prices were certainly a little more than I would comfortably pay the presentation and flavour was good. Restored my faith in cuisine in New Zealand. There was a great sense of atmosphere in the restaurant dating back to the time with the Steam Shipping firm.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went there for dinner. The service was very good. The breads were excellent, although the dips were a bit limited. The mains were okay, but not great, and were overpriced for what they were, particularly the fish and chips. All in all "Auckland prices" in a smaller place for food that was okay, but not exceptional. The dessert I had last time I was there a few weeks ago was also okay, but nothing special.