TripAdvisor

Tamarind
Ranked #3 of 98 Restaurants in Gisborne
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamarind of Gisborne has become a Good name for Indian Food in small town at very reasonable price and good atmosphere .we are unique in providing family style service with smile . This restaurant has big space inside and outside for family and children .This restaurant can organise big parties for birthdays and marriages inside and outside . Tamarind is become a good and respected brand in small town of Gisborne . Tamarind food is well recognised by Thier taste and presentation . We at tamarind welcome you all our Guests for dining .
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yummy butter chicken and naan bread and service was amazing definitely recommend coming here and also enjoy

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (624)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The service was so good and so was the food I would totally recommend this to anyone that loves butter chicken

Reviewed September 7, 2019

Amazing Food always great service.
Satriani absolutely loved the food!
The Ribs are a must try!!

Thanks CJ Chef for the great food!

Reviewed September 4, 2019

I love Indian food and despite the Google rating I decided to dine at Tamarind as it was close to my accommodation. I walked into an empty restaurant and ordered Lamb rogan josh, rice and naan bread. The waitress was pleasant despite being unwell. My Lamb rogan josh was bought to my table. After waiting 3 to 5 minutes for my rice to arrive I started my main with out the rice. Another five minutes the rice arrived (with apologies), but I was at least half the way through my main. Approx 5 minutes after finishing my meal the waitress apologised that my Naan hadn't been served and asked if I wanted it in as a take away. I said I would like it to be bought to my table when it was ready. It did eventually arrive. The Rogan Josh and Naan bread were both very nice. Just unbelievably poor kitchen service.

Cj B, Owner at Tamarind, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2019

Dear customer,

Your feedback is important to us . We ll sure improve our service. Our apologies again .
Thanks
Manager

Reviewed September 3, 2019

I have visited this restaurant last month and enjoyed dinner with my family.. delicious curries and mango lassi

Date of visit: August 2019