“Just Great”

Euro
Ranked #38 of 2,353 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An Auckland icon situated on the waterfront with relaxing sea views. Combined with superb food and attentive service, a great way to see Auckland.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We walked past Euro on our first night in Auckland as it looked extremely busy; we were a bit earlier on our third night and it looked less busy, so we gave it a try. Although the restaurant was in fact fully booked they were able to offer a table until 8:30 if that was okay with us, which it was.

First impressions were good, linen tablecloths and napkins and a friendly waiter (Richard I think), and things got better. The waiter brought us water and explained the menu and the specials which were on offer that day.

We ordered the Bread Selection to start followed by the Paella Special (which included Crayfish) and an Angus Eye Fillet with a portion of the Vegetables of the Day.

The starter was served promptly and was a nice variety of breads with some tasty dips. The main courses followed and were wonderful, cooked to perfection and delicious.

With such fine food available it seemed a shame to stop there, so with a little persuasion from the waiter, I tried the Warm Chocolate Pudding. It was fabulous, soft chocolate pudding with delicious orange flavours.

Although we were timed constrained we did not feel rushed at all, the service was impeccable.

Great value for the quality of the food. A great location too.

Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Hi 5tings,

Isn't it surprising how simply stopping in can provide a great experience. Great to read that you still did not feel rushed although you did have limited time. All of the teams work extremely hard to create a memorable experience and our team are our best asset.

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I hope you had a wonderful trip through New Zealand.

(09) 3099 866
021 266 5945

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've been wanting to try this place for years and finally had a chance to try it as a team dinner for work, I have to say I'm every picky when it comes to good food, it's very hard to please me but this place far exceeded my expectations. We ordered breads for starters which we all loved (the mascarpone dip was the best) my team mates also got the pork creme which they died for. Our mains consisted of lamb dishes, beef, a vegetarian one and a pizza, the meat dishes were fantastic and so was the vege (some kind of courgette flower), the guy that ordered the pizza wasn't a huge fan but who comes to a place like this to order pizza?? Stick to their steaks they are the most divine thing on the menu. We got the lime meringue and chocolate pudding for desserts and every single person loved them, it was just delicious and a party in my mouth.

I loved this place so much I booked it again for my husband's birthday which we went to on Monday, we got the breads and clam chowder for starters, the soup was so delicious, it came with fennel & korma marscapone stuffed inside a little clam shell and tasted like nothing I've had before, so delicious! My husband got the beef and i got the venison, I love to say I think their lamb and beef are the best dishes, especially the creamed spinach it's SO yummy I'd order that on the side of anything! Seriously everything tasted great, this place is a must try, my husband loved it as much as I did and we will definitely be back. Value for money was really good and cost a lot less than many fancy restaurants I've been to, the plate doesn't look big when you get it but you are really full by the end of it because the meat is a lot more than it looks, our total be came out to be around $120 (for 2 starters, a side, 2 mains and a couple of non alcoholic drinks) for one of the best meals I've had, we had no space for dessert this time, husband was too full!

Service was exceptional as well, waiter was very friendly, in fact everyone in this place was great. And I got to see Simon Gault at a corner table first time I went which was a plus!

Hi Rua,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. Our team are some of the best at what they do so thank you for recognising this in your blog. The truffle mascarpone in the bread basket is fantastic as is the chowder. It takes the whole experience to make a visit memorable, great to read that we got it right on both occasions.

We look forward to seeing you again.

(09) 3099 866
021 266 5945

Reviewed April 5, 2014

This was my third visit to this restaurant when staying in Auckland.......... the food is always fresh and for Auckland the value is outstanding. But the thing that makes this restaurant a stand out from any other (anywhere) is the service! They treat you like a star! Nothing is a problem, they present themselves to a very high standard. You leave here feeling like a some body.....it's a nice addition to a great meal! Jeff Bull is the general manager and he greets customers on the way in and drops in on the odd table to make sure everything is to their liking. I have seen him on all three visits to Euro at different times and days over the space of the last 3 years, he is a real assent. The staff seem relaxed and seem to enjoy what they do, don't get me wrong the food is out standing too ....just hard to find both in one place:) I have and will always go here when I'm in Auckland.

Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Hi Claire,

Wow, how very kind of you. It is always such a pleasure to read that we get it right on a regular basis. We work really hard to make sure all of our guests are well taken care of. We really appreciate your comments and they will be passed onto the team.

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit. Contact me directly next time you are back up.

T. (09) 3099 866
M. 021 266 5945

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

I like this restaurant , recommended! It is meet bistro! Amazing place. Good wine. Good service. Need will do reservation before your dinner.

Hi there,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit. Great to read that you enjoyed. It is always a good idea to book in to avoid disappointment.

T. (09) 3099 866
M. 021 266 5945

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We had a great meal here, the oysters could only have been the real thing, so tasty and the batter (sorry purists) was so light and almost not there. Fab, fab, fab. The other thing we noticed was that this was one of a few top restaurants with open kitchens, and most of all, clean non stained clothing on staff. They also did not look like they ate and drank the food too much.
Well done.

Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Hello tripadviserhappy,

Great reading. The team are well aware that they are on show at all times and will always make the effort. The oysters are a great treat, great to hear you took advantage of the season special.

We really appreciate your comments.

Regards,