“Awesome dining experience”
Review of Euro

Euro
Ranked #34 of 2,259 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: European, New Zealand, International
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: An Auckland icon situated on the waterfront with relaxing sea views. Combined with superb food and attentive service, a great way to see Auckland.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Awesome dining experience”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Awesome dining experience, beautiful food, outstanding service and throughly enjoyable evening.
The waiter we had made the night. He was Fantastic - think his name was David.

• Visited November 2013
Hi Ravs4,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit. We take pride in our work and all comments are passsed onto the team. David is a true proffessional and is a cornerstone of our team. Our staff are the biggest asset and it is great to hear praise for their effort placed on a public domain.

Euro Restaurant & Bar

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland
“Not as good as hoped...”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is the second time I have come to Euro. The first time I sung its praises and was very impressed. This time I came for an end of year business lunch with the team and I was disappointed. I am putting it down to the time of the year, however the service was slow and the quality of the food was not as good as it was the first time around. A couple of the portion sizes for the mains was smaller than I would have expected and a couple for the meals were warm as opposed to hot as if they had been sitting around for a while. I have rated this as average, however, I would have expected an excellent dinning experience for the money we spent. A real let down - maybe Simon needs to spend less time on TV and more time in the restaurant :o)

• Visited December 2013
Hi RammedEarth,

It is disappointing to read about your recent visit. The time of year should not make any difference to the food quality, portion size or service. Hopefully your next visit will be as you rated your first visit.

NZ
“One of the best”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Our top favourite restaurant consistently fantastic food and service! Wonderful atmosphere and great wine selection.

• Visited January 2014
Hi Luxtrav77,

Great to read we get it right on a regular basis. Have a great new year and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Nearly Perfect”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Myself and a group of 18 colleagues dined here the Sunday lunch time before Xmas. For me it was my first experience at this restaurant but my daughter has dined there previously & had rated it highly.
Although the recommendations had been really good from other friends too my experiences from past Xmas group bookings suggested to me not to build my hopes too high that the same level of quality food & service would be achieved.
I couldn’t have been more wrong, the venue and food were amazing. The service was good. The food without a doubt was the star of the show. It was simply perfect. The duck pancake starters were stunning and the lamb cooked to perfection, the lime desert amazing. The group ordered a great variation of dishes & all were really pleased with their choices.
The only reason I haven’t rated the whole experience as 5 is come time to pay I really felt cheated & cross by receiving an obscene $180 charge for water.
I had ordered several bottles of sparkling water for the people who preferred it to good old tap water & of course expected to pay for it. However I asked the waiter on three occasions for some carafes of plain water for the few of us who don’t like fizzy water. Our glasses got filled from time to time by the waiter but the carafes didn’t arrive. Well you can imagine my surprise when I got the bill & was charged $180.00 just for water, $60 for bottled water we unknowingly bought.
Don’t get me wrong we weren’t being cheap on drinks; we ordered plenty of bottles of wine, beers juices, tea & coffee etc. so it wasn’t like we were only drinking water to keep the bill down!!!!!!!!
Despite feeling aggrieved by the water charges, I would still definitely return because the food was really excellent & I would and have absolutely recommended it to other with the message “BEWARE OF THE WATER” just stick to wine if you are not driving, I’m sure it’s cheaper ha!

• Visited December 2013
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi Lesley,

Great to hear your visit was well enjoyed by all. With relation to the water, we do not like to leave carafes on the table as we believe that the wait staff are there to top up your glasses and allow you to simply enjoy. Thank you for the great comments about the food, the Chefs will be delighted to read that their efforts are appreciated.

We look forward to seeing you again.

My best regards,

“Consisently Great”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

As always, a great location, great food & wine. Parking right out the back door. We always enjoy Euro.

• Visited January 2014
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Hi PeterSarah,

Thank you for your kind comments and continued support. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

My best regards,