“Birthday treat - chefs table 10 course degustation”
Review of Euro

Euro
Ranked #35 of 2,276 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An Auckland icon situated on the waterfront with relaxing sea views. Combined with superb food and attentive service, a great way to see Auckland.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Birthday treat - chefs table 10 course degustation”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

A great treat. Been to Euro a couple of times but this time got a GrabOne 10 course chefs table degustation as a birthday group.

What an experience ! The chefs (not Simon) were entertaining and the food was great.

Two downsides were that some of the courses weren't as good as there normal menu which for the chefs table you expect everyhig to be fabulous and I would hate to pay full price. Being a deal it was great.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Michelle E
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Hi Michelle E,

Thank you for your post on tripadvisor. The Chefs Table is a great experience and the team do a fantastic job entertaining everyone. Sorry to hear about a couple of the dishes, the team will look into it adapt where necessary.

Your comments are really appreciated and will be passed onto the team. Let me know when you are in next so that I can personally organise your next visit.

Best regards.

(09) 3099866

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Auckland, New Zealand
“good food great service”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked a table online. I was called the day of to confirm, a nice touch. The table was ready when we arrived and the staff were quite pleasant. Somehow the orders were mixed as the dishes were brought to the wrong people and the sauces for tow steaks were misplaced, hard when one had crab leg. The best dish was the venison although all were good. The establishment is friendly and on par with better restaurants in other countries. Overall it seems a little overpriced. The inside seating was very pleasant and although we were by the fire, it was adjusted as it was just too hot. Defintely recommend.

1 Thank waiake1
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Hi applejuice12,

Thank you for your very kind comments on tripadvisor, it is really appreciated and will be passed onto the team. Glad to hear we were able to accommodate your requests. Sorry to hear that a couple of dishes were misplaced, I will look into this issue. We look forward to seeing you again and we appreciate your recommendation.

Best regards.

(09) 3099866
jeff@eurobar.co.nz
“Maybe an off day at Euro?”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Friday lunch for four, Euro was busy, we had booked a week or so earlier and only managed one of the 'outdoor' tables, with only three seats. Service was quick and efficient, but missed the Euro banter we have all enjoyed. We ended up having entrees, mains and sweets, all with varying degrees of enjoyment. The dozen oysters for $55 were underfed, and a real disappointment, the other entrees looked fine with no complaints. One of the table had venison, something we all wished we had ordered, it looked fantastic. For us others a simple request for Euro, please pay more attention to the diners requests, medium-rare is not cooked thru, well done is not pink...

I'm here at least 4 times year, and this past Friday was just a little bland... Maybe an off day for the Euro team? Still my fav place to eat in Auckland, just needs to get that enthusiasm back.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Michael H
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi Michael H,

Thank you for recent review on tripadvisor.

I am very sorry about your recent visit. We work very hard to make sure that every guest has a great time with us and I am personally disappointed to hear of your experience.

I have spoken to the Head Chef about the food issues and he offers his sincere apologies. The kitchen team has looked into the matters that you have highlighted and is dealing with each point accordingly. We all feel very embarrassed about the level of food quality and service you recived. It is not acceptable that you did not receive the experience you deserved.

Thank you for your support and kind comments about us being your favourite place. We try our very utmost on every occasion to offer the very best service and food at all times. Unfortunately on this occasion we have fallen well short and for this I offer our sincere apologies.

Please call or email me directly when you are next in for me to coordinate your reservation personally. I look forward to hearing from you.

My very best regards,

(09) 3099 866
Shed 22, Princes Wharf, Auckland
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a great dining experience at Euro last Wednesday night. The waiters and waitress were very helpful and friendly. The best service i have ever had at any restaurants or cafes. Our main waiter 'David' is the Best waiter i have ever seen in my life. He has done a great job, served 8 difficult customers, dealt with 8 difficult customers, lots of requests and demand. Everything was just so organised in this restaurant. The food was fabulous.

1 Thank GraceLH123
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hi LingG70,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit. We take pride in our work and all comments are passed onto the team. David is a true professional and is a cornerstone of our team. Our staff are our biggest asset and it is great to hear praise for their effort placed on a public domain.

Kind regards,

09 3099 866
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent food and brilliant service”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I visited in mid September with my wife and 10 month old baby. We had a booking and a baby seat was already at our table when we arrived. The tables are quite spread apart so there is room to store a stroller and you don't overhear conversations. It also means that a noisy child won't affect other patrons.

The food was excellent - my wife had the venison and I had a steak. They were both cooked to perfection. We ordered some side of vegies for the baby which they prepared immediately and brought out right at the start. Halfway through our dinner our baby was starting to get upset so one of the waitresses picked her up and took her for a walk around the restaurant - so we could finish our meals.

You can get a good meal in lots of places in Auckland but Euro had the best and most attentive service of any restaurant that I have visited in a long while.

1 Thank DaddyBlogger1
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Hi nmMyName,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit. We try our very utmost to provide a great experience for all of our cliental, spanning all ages, babies included.

Best regards,