“Maybe an off day at Euro?”
Review of Euro

Euro
Ranked #94 of 2,413 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An Auckland icon situated on the waterfront with relaxing sea views. Combined with superb food and attentive service, a great way to see Auckland.
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Friday lunch for four, Euro was busy, we had booked a week or so earlier and only managed one of the 'outdoor' tables, with only three seats. Service was quick and efficient, but missed the Euro banter we have all enjoyed. We ended up having entrees, mains and sweets, all with varying degrees of enjoyment. The dozen oysters for $55 were underfed, and a real disappointment, the other entrees looked fine with no complaints. One of the table had venison, something we all wished we had ordered, it looked fantastic. For us others a simple request for Euro, please pay more attention to the diners requests, medium-rare is not cooked thru, well done is not pink...

I'm here at least 4 times year, and this past Friday was just a little bland... Maybe an off day for the Euro team? Still my fav place to eat in Auckland, just needs to get that enthusiasm back.

1  Thank Michael H
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Hi Michael H,

Thank you for recent review on tripadvisor.

I am very sorry about your recent visit. We work very hard to make sure that every guest has a great time with us and I am personally disappointed to hear of your experience.

I have spoken to the Head Chef about the food issues and he offers his sincere apologies. The kitchen team has looked into the matters that you have highlighted and is dealing with each point accordingly. We all feel very embarrassed about the level of food quality and service you recived. It is not acceptable that you did not receive the experience you deserved.

Thank you for your support and kind comments about us being your favourite place. We try our very utmost on every occasion to offer the very best service and food at all times. Unfortunately on this occasion we have fallen well short and for this I offer our sincere apologies.

Please call or email me directly when you are next in for me to coordinate your reservation personally. I look forward to hearing from you.

My very best regards,

(09) 3099 866
Shed 22, Princes Wharf, Auckland

Write a ReviewReviews (1,193)

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a great dining experience at Euro last Wednesday night. The waiters and waitress were very helpful and friendly. The best service i have ever had at any restaurants or cafes. Our main waiter 'David' is the Best waiter i have ever seen in my life. He has done a great job, served 8 difficult customers, dealt with 8 difficult customers, lots of requests and demand. Everything was just so organised in this restaurant. The food was fabulous.

1  Thank GraceLH123
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Hi LingG70,

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent visit. We take pride in our work and all comments are passed onto the team. David is a true professional and is a cornerstone of our team. Our staff are our biggest asset and it is great to hear praise for their effort placed on a public domain.

Kind regards,

09 3099 866

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I visited in mid September with my wife and 10 month old baby. We had a booking and a baby seat was already at our table when we arrived. The tables are quite spread apart so there is room to store a stroller and you don't overhear conversations. It also means that a noisy child won't affect other patrons.

The food was excellent - my wife had the venison and I had a steak. They were both cooked to perfection. We ordered some side of vegies for the baby which they prepared immediately and brought out right at the start. Halfway through our dinner our baby was starting to get upset so one of the waitresses picked her up and took her for a walk around the restaurant - so we could finish our meals.

You can get a good meal in lots of places in Auckland but Euro had the best and most attentive service of any restaurant that I have visited in a long while.

1  Thank DaddyBlogger1

Hi nmMyName,

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent visit. We try our very utmost to provide a great experience for all of our cliental, spanning all ages, babies included.

Best regards,

09 3099 866

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I arrived just as they were opening for my lunch on Sunday so the dining room was a bit quiet but the kitchen looked a hive of activity. I was seated promptly and the menu looked quite appetising.

I settled on the chowder for a starter it and it did not disappoint. Nice and thick and full of flavour.

The main course was the highlight. Rotisseire chicken with a peanut flavoured coleslaw. Perfectly cooked chicken and a generous portion of the fantastically flavoured slaw.

A great dessert rounded out the meal.

I'd recommend this for anyone looking for a relaxing place to enjoy great food.

Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Hi El_Greenholio,

Thank you for your very kind comments, it is really appreciated and will be passed onto the team. We look forward to seeing you again.

Best regards.

09 3099866

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My best restaurant experience so far.
Aaron food was fantastic and he was very kind, and even came to the table to meet me.
No doubt a true master chef.

1  Thank Joao_Tenreiro
Jeff B, General Manager at Euro, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Hi Joao_Tenreiro,

Aaron is a true MasterChef winner and we have loved having him with us a part of the Euro Team. He is a really lovely guy and we will no doubt see him again soon. Thank you for visiting us at Euro, we hope that you will join us again soon.

Best regards,