“Very good food”

Euro
Ranked #101 of 2,403 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: An Auckland icon situated on the waterfront with relaxing sea views. Combined with superb food and attentive service, a great way to see Auckland.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Excellent food and friendly service with pleasant outlook across harbour. The tuna was cooked really well and dessert very unusual and good.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,187)

Reviewed December 13, 2012

11 of us sat down for an end of year 'work do' at Euro and we were not dissapointed. Great atmoshpere, with pleasant views of the Harbour. Our waiter was a really good guy, who kept my wife busy by flirting outrageously with her - very entertaining! And then there was the food. We really couldn't fault it. Everything came beautifully presented, and tasting fabulous. The wine list was extensive if maybe a little overpriced - but you pay for it in places like Euro I guess.
We will certainly be comming back on some other special occasion. Recomend that if it is a warm night try to secure a table on the outside - that looked really nice. Well done Euro, an excellent night.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The service was superb - efficient but unobtrusive, and very friendly. Excellent selection of wines- really enjoyed the Ben Nevis Pinot Noir. The steak was cooked to perfection, and the fish was just right and nice and juicy. Definitely go again.

1  Thank PhillipM55
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I wasn't planning to eat around the Quay area as I assumed all the restaurants were tourist traps that traded on their location. Then i fired up trip advisor and saw the positive reviews for Euro so thought i'd give it a try. I had an excellent pizza, described as mushroom but it also has prosciutto crudo, take note vegetarians! Oddly this restaurant slices its prosciutto far thicker than I've seen elsewhere in the world, noticed this on two dishes, puzzling. Good wines by the glass, decent range of drinks on the bar menu. Very good dessert (ginger brule with fruit and syrup) - someone clearly has a dessicator / freeze dryer and wants to use it! Almost tried the Wagyu beef, next time. Shame they don't have a Josper...

1  Thank Kevin W
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I had the privilege of sharing a 50th birthday with friends at the restaurant. Right from the outset the ambiance was incredible. Our waiter was like a ghost in the background, but always on hand and knew exactly what our drinks were that we have had. We both had the delight of having medium/rare steak and it was absolutely mouthwatering! I would certainly recommend the restaurant without hesitation. An absolute treat for the culinary senses!