“Six stars if I could”

Eden Park Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Particulars about this B&B's lovely situation, decor, location, appointments and culinary delights are amply recorded in previous reviews.

My experience: My cares and stresses just seemed to melt away as I crossed the threshold of this charming, comfortable little gem. I felt utterly warmed and welcomed by this Inn's helpful and gracious hosts along with huggable Mr. Darcy and impish and equally lovable granddaugher Eve; I had the best breakfast ever to start each day; and got the most refreshing and soothing sleep I'd had in weeks. I enjoyed the easiest most relaxing touring I could imagine, either with pickups right at the front door, or easy walks to nearby volcanoes or train stations to go downtown. Marlene and Tony have infused their magic touch, everything here is just right. I wanted for nothing. If I had one regret, it would have been to plan a bit more time at this perfect home base while doing a little more justice to Auckland, the local wineries and the Waitakeres.

I only worry for all these terrific reviews whether there will still be room when I would look to visit again in the future, which I now know that I will.

Room Tip: different sizes, but all seemed well appointed, and all were quiet. no fitness center but great wal...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gloNova
agm12, Owner at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

there will always be space for you. Thank you for the generous words on your review.
Eva is with us again for the holidays and goes back to CHC tomorrow. Sixteen days went fast.
Summer is getting closer and the reservations are ramping up for us.
Have a great day
regards,
Marlene and Tony

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Travel from Whangarei to Auckland for work ... and prefer to stay at the B&B. Marlene and Tony are lovely hosts. The B&B is a beautiful villa that has been restored with high quality character features. The interior décor is high end character ... luxurious, cosy and modern. Love the themed rooms which add to the luxurious ambience - especially the chandalliers. Lots of lovely touches - quality pampering products to encourage you to relax and enjoy the stay, garden flowers, complimentary chocolates. I feel absolutely safe at the B&B. The breakfast is special - I feel like a Queen when I sit at the table which is finely set. The homemade food is delicious and much appreciated. I have stayed in two of the four rooms and have the best sleep ever - really important to me when I'm travelling. I love staying here and highly recommend the B&B.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Fiona T
agm12, Manager at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2015

Thank you for your very kind word about us and our Bedandbreakfast.'
Tony and myself appreciate your time in writing a review for us.
take care
Marlene and Tony.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed in the cream room for three nights....which was beautifully appointed with lot's of little extra touches and an excellent en-suite. Marlene and Tony were excellent hosts, both friendly and helpful. It's far enough from the main road to not suffer from road noise and close enough to the CBD to make travel into the city easy. Breakfast was excellent quality, beautifully prepared and presented......and more than enough of it to set you up for the day.....or prompt a little morning nap! This is by far the best B&B I have ever stayed in and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Neil M
agm12, Owner at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2015

My apologies for the delay in responding to this review. It was lax and i am disappointed in myself in not replying earlier.
Thank you for the time you spent in the review.
May you always travel safe.
Anthony and Marlene

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Eden Park is close to all amenities but set in a quiet area. It's a very short walk to the rugby stadium and even on match days the tranquillity remains.

Marlene and Tony are perfect hosts and happy to provide valuable information on what to see and what to do. They provide a very relaxed and comfortable environment, which is most welcome after a long journey!

I will never forget the wonderful breakfasts - Marlene's homemade muesli is delicious and her bacon and eggs are to die for.

I wouldn't' hesitate to recommend Eden Park and on a return trip would be happy to stay at this 'home away from home' again.

1  Thank SharonCurtis103
SweetPea2050, Owner at Eden Park Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thankyou.. We are so pleased that you felt comfortable staying with us. Tony and I do strive to please out guests as much as possible.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Deeeeelightful, if you go to Auckland don't miss the chance to stay at this beautiful b & b.
Marlene and Tony were perfect hosts. The breakfasts were wonderful (kept us going all day).
Lots of little extras that you would never get anywhere else. We really felt like part of the family. Would definately recommend and stay there again if we ever return to Auckland.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 76bobjan76

Having charming guests like your self stay with us makes hosting all the worth while.
thank you for taking the time to write a review for us.
Marlene
Tony and Mr Darcy...

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The decor, bed, atmosphere, breakfast, hosts all wonderful. Best B&B I have stayed in. the ensuite was very well equipped with high quality shampoos and soaps etc. Breakfast consisted of lots of fresh fruit, free range eggs presented beautifully. Can thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: we had the blue room. very quiet
1  Thank pammyhud

Many thanks for you review on Eden Park Bed and breakfast.
your review is very much appreciated.
Perhaps when you are next in Auckland, we will meet again.
Marlene

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Marlene & Tony and their lovable dog Darcy are great hosts. the location is only 10 mins from the CBD with plenty of on street free parking. Restaurants/shops within a few minutes walk. Our room was beautifully furnished with many tasteful touches. in spite of being in the heart of the city the location was exceptionally quiet.

Great breakfast cooked to order.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

It,s nice to get feedback on the details of your stay with us.
thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us.
regards
Marlene. Darcy and Tony.....