“Great Food and Freindly Staff”

Jervois Steak House
Ranked #17 of 2,232 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: “The steakhouse to end all arguments”The Jervois Steakhouse or JSH to its regulars opened in 2006 with a 5 star rating as New Zealand’s first premium steak restaurant and continues to exceed customer expectations. We could, as most web sites do, talk about ourselves in a very complimentary tone, but guess what - we are not the hero, the meat is.So here’s just a tipple of why customers love the Jervois experience:Steaks to die forSimply the bestFood heavenBest steakhouse in AustralasiaHighly recommended, highly anticipated and even more highly appreciated
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Freindly Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We went there for my birthday lunch as we had a voucher deal- I thought the steak was delicious and perfectly cooked, the sauces were tasty too and we were served by friendly and attentive staff. The food although excellent was over priced as you had to purchase the accompaniments separately as the Steak only came with your choice of sauce. We had heard great things about the Restaurant and the quality of the food was excellent but I would not go back.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
Papamoa, New Zealand
“did not cut the mustard”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

Love to eat out and travel the world....so thought would give this place a go. Maybe because I am a farmer and have grass fed top notch steak I expected better ! First off we left our great hotel the Sofitel where they were offering a great meal deal with an amazing views so wasn't that impressed with our view when we got to the Jervious Steak house all we got was a view of a service station. Okay we move on from that .... then the steak which wasn't that great , not compared with the steaks we get on the farm or at our beach house at Papamoa where the chef at the Rainbar cooks up a better steak at a fraction of the price! So I complained at the end and they were great ,offering to take money off the meal which I refused as that is not the point,but guess what
peeved me off most of all was the waiter who asked me what I thought of the meal and I replied
that I was disappointed in the steak, he was on the verge of being rude. Oh well maybe I excepted too much ,so will just stick with the steak from the farm with me cooking it lol !

• Visited March 2013
“Nice enough, but not up to expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

My husband and I had been meaning to try the Jervois Steak House for a while after hearing so many good things about it, so we thought we would go there for our first wedding anniversary. Overall we felt that the steaks were good, but most of the accompaniments were below average. I ordered the ceviche with quinoa for a starter and the ceviche was nice, but the quinoa was very hard and difficult to chew so I ended up scraping most of it off. My husband had french onion soup which was very nice. The sides were a bit disappointing though as none of them were particularly hot, and even the sauces which came with the steaks were lukewarm. We had been particularly looking forward to the macaroni cheese fritters as they seemed a bit unusual, but they were on the verge of being burnt and really didn't have much flavour at all. We both had dessert and mine looked and tasted as though it had been shop-bought. My husband had baked alaska and it seemed as though the meringue had just been piped around the ice cream and blowtorched, rather than actually being baked, and was cold when it came to the table. On a more positive note, the service was good - attentive without being overbearing, but unfortunately didn't make up for the disappointing food. Overall we really didn't feel that the meal justified the rather hefty price tag, so I can't see us returning.

• Visited February 2013
sha tin
“Fantastic Service excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Managed to book a table for New Years Eve, crazy our NZ hose is only 100 metres away and only finally managed to get round to going there. The evening was excellent, the staff are so friendly without been in your face, the food was perfect and the steaks cooked exactly as ordered. I travel constantly and am amazed at just how difficult it is too find a really good steak. Thanks Jervois we will be back.

• Visited December 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

The bartender made me an amazing cocktail after asking just a couple of questions on what I liked, it was my perfect drink. The meals were cooked excellently, full to bursting on an entree and main. Just awesome.

Visited February 2013