“Service beats food”

Jervois Steak House
Ranked #17 of 2,306 Restaurants in Auckland
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: “The steakhouse to end all arguments”The Jervois Steakhouse or JSH to its regulars opened in 2006 with a 5 star rating as New Zealand’s first premium steak restaurant and continues to exceed customer expectations. We could, as most web sites do, talk about ourselves in a very complimentary tone, but guess what - we are not the hero, the meat is.So here’s just a tipple of why customers love the Jervois experience:Steaks to die forSimply the bestFood heavenBest steakhouse in AustralasiaHighly recommended, highly anticipated and even more highly appreciated
“Service beats food”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

The steaks were great, the venison tender and delicious. The signature dish, slow cooked, has to be ordered in advance. Don't bother. The taste was faded, the fat a solid blob.
Paul was the best waiter I have enjoyed in New Zealand for several years.
The starters were fine but I thought they were a bit fussy for the main courses. The desserts were very stylish. The atmosphere upstairs is a wee bit more formal than downstairs, with room between tables and no need to shout to be heard. It could have been great. It was just nice

• Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“The best steak in town !”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have been in Argentina, world famous for BBQ meat, but... a steak at Jervois ? For me, so far, UNSURPASSED !!!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Alexander D
Singapore, Singapore
“What a great restaurant!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We live in Singapore and went on holiday to Auckland and Queenstown this summer. We tried many different restaurants in both locations. We were excited to try Botswana Butchery as we had heard great things about it but it didn't compare in any way to Jervois Steak House. This restaurant is a true gem of a find. Perfect hospitality, really good atmosphere and some of the best steak we have had since being in South Africa. Booking is definitely required especially at weekends as it is a very popular place!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Sarah B
“Quite nice”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

After having high expectations I was a little disappointed in this establishment. We sat upstairs and I was cold and had to wrap my coat around my shoulders. My entree was a monstrous crab claw and I didn't feel like doing battle with it. Would have preferred it to be cut a little more and easier to get to. Plus the meat was bland - bit disappointing but having recently lived in Australia we had mud crabs a plenty. My steak was very nice - but the creme caramel desert although tasty was curdled. They took this off the bill. The service was good and so were the wines. Nice but not extra-ordinary as I expected.

Visited August 2012
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Dined at the jervois steakhouse a few weeks ago as I haveint been there since last year, every bit as good as I rememmber! I got the rump as my main as the bartender recomended it and it was perfectly cooked and also a great bottle of wine, all in all best steak in town!!!

• Visited July 2012