“This is what service all about”
Review of Invito - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is my favorite place to eat in Auckland. Beautiful setting, good value, very attentive and friendly staff. Food is good value for money, hearty and well presented. Very easy to stay on all evening.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This place looks grimy and dirty. When my friend and I went for brunch it was not busy at all, maybe 1 or 2 other tables were occupied. Our meals took a while to come out, and they were cold. The presentation looked terrible- not that we want it to be presented like a 5 star hotel, but it looked like everything was thrown on top of the plate anyhow and it didn't look appealing at all. The 'caramelised onion' was burnt. the bread wasn't toasted, the tomato wasn't grilled (just cut up and sprinkled with herbs). The teapot was dirty and my friend's coffee was luke warm and might as well have been milk (no hint of coffee). Would not go back or recommend this place to anyone.

5  Thank Red2explorer
Reviewed May 13, 2012

What a shame as in July last year had a great experience at this restaurant, but after yesterday's lunch experience, I won't be returning.

Firstly the place needs a good clean, everything (tables, floors, windows, toilets) looked grimy and dirty, so I despair to think what state the kitchen was in.

Steak sandwich was a joke - the steak was so thin it was practically non-existent and came minus the caramelised onions and chutney detailed on the menu. When I queried as to where they were I was instructed to look under the steak - felt like I was playing hide and seek, but still no sight of anything. When I'd almost finished I was presented with a saucer containing caramelised onion, but had to remind again to get some chutney - another wait and along came a small dish of mango chutney - not what I'd serve with a steak sandwich. Very disappointing.

My daughter had a mochachino which she said was nothing more than hot chocolate, so she left it. She also ordered creme brulee with tuile, but there was no tuile and when we asked for it we were told they had run out.

I hope the new owners of this restaurant will try to do something to sort their problems, as they won't be in business for long if they don't.

1  Thank belle601
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Went out of our way to this restaurant as I had bought a voucher online for lunch and a bottle of bubbly.Waitress nhad a great deal of trouble answering our questions and could not tell us what the wine was but after three(polite) requests she brought out the bottle to show us. It was not the category of bubbly i would normally order but later,very very much later when we eventually got to taste it we were pleasantly surprised as it was very dry which we enjoy. We ordered a pizza and a BLT from the menu and they were great. Not sure if we got the promised value from our voucher but we enjoyed the experience. My husband went to the toilet and said perhaps I should not experience that as he knows how fussy I am. Summary,good lunch type food but untrained service staff who were pleasant but could not quite get it right.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

My partner and I gave this place another go - been there 3 times before today, and it had been ok. We had a voucher which included 2x drinks and 2x breakfasts. Ordered 2x Mocca's which came out as lattes, thought this was a genuine mistake, they apologized and gave us the correct coffees.
Then waited 55 minutes for our breakfasts which were given to a table inside, then had a quick zap in the microwave and re-given to us. The waiter told us they had run out of bread as my partner ordered the big breakfast, so we asked for an English muffin instead. I ordered poached eggs, avocado and mushrooms.
The meals came out completely wrong, was missing the avocado, my partners breakfast didn't have the hashbrowns at all. We queried this and the waitress then advised us 'we have run out of avocado and hashbrown, actually we have run out of all the breakfast today'. I then said we should have been advised of this when we were seated. Waitress said sorry and then proceeded to ask if we wanted cracked pepper. Mushrooms and eggs were freezing. The staff didn't even top up our waters. They must have been embarrassed of this horrible service. Do not go here. Period.

1  Thank Amelia M