“Great breakfast and good coffee”

Alleluya Bar & Cafe
Ranked #428 of 2,414 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Don't be put off by the alternative lifestylers who frequent this cafe. The food is seriously good. This is a great option if staying at the Langham Hotel and unwilling to pay exorbitant hotel breakfast prices! The view out over the city is good also.

1  Thank Chucky111

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I came here for breakfast and have dined here before. I'm vegan and there was a vegan option on the menu, but I didn't feel like a full sized breakfast so I ordered some side dishes with my husband's egg breakfast. The staff subsituted the bacon for mushrooms on my husband's breakfast by our request. My sides of hashbrowns and mushrooms were okay, but my husband said the poached eggs were over cooked. Sadly, the most important part - the coffee was barely warm.
Our breakfast was spoiled by some idiots filming something, and they kept leaping over the chairs and running through the arcade, while the director kept counting the beats and giving loud directions... really, really annoying having someone running past the table and leaping on seats when you are trying to eat. Would we come here again? maybe not, we'll try one of the new cafes opened further up K Rd.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This cute little cafe is tucked away off K-road. I am sure the locals don't want anyone to know about it.
Cheap, great coffee, good eggs, fast and friendly service. A great spot for brunch if you are staying in the area.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My sister and her boyfriend took my friend and I here on the morning we arrived from the UK. We were knackered and starving, so in dire need of some decent grub and coffee!! We weren't disappointed.
The Victorian arcade setting is very pretty and came as a very pleasant surprise, and the view from the cafe is equally as delightful; (coming from the UK on holiday I was expecting to take a lot of photos, but not to get my camera out that soon!)
I ordered the Swedish Sandwich Cake as I'd always wanted to try it; the others ordered the breakfast burrito on my sister's recommendation. The Swedish Sandwich Cake was unusual but very tasty; you could tell the produce e.g. Smoked salmon was high quality.
The others enjoyed the breakfast burrito immensely. I had a try of theirs and it was even tastier than my selection! The coffee perfectly complemented each breakfast. I vowed to go back and order my own burrito!
Two weeks later we returned (minus sister and her boyfriend) and both had the burrito - absolutely delicious! Loved the coriander and chilli in with the scrambled eggs, loved the salsa and avocado on the side, and the habanero chilli table sauces (recommend the kiwi and habanero sauce.)
Since visiting we have tried to replicate the burrito with some success (not as tasty,) and have discovered that it is a very healthy hangover cure!

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Felt like I was eating in an old London tube station concourse.. Very Bohemian, curio stylee - good coffee, tasty breakfasts at normal Auckland prices. A bit different to the usual cafe interiors so well worth a lazy hour on a Sunday morning.

1  Thank Lovely058