“culinary dedication shows at Merideth's”
Review of Merediths

Merediths
Ranked #64 of 2,403 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: International, New Zealand
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I had the opportunity to take a break from day to day life earlier this year and met with my Brother in Auckland. When asked if I knew of anywhere good to have a night of food and wine I knew the answer. Auckland has many amazing restaurants but I picked Merideth's, from a list of many, due to recommendations from many and a little research. My Brother and I were booked 3 months in advance for a 7pm sitting of 9 course and wine match. We were greeted by a wonderfully bubbly and enthusiastic Maitre'd and shown our table. A Peroni each was ordered while we looked at the degustation to ensue and each course explained in detail. Our server was intimate, immaculately presented and very friendly which can be rare in high end Restaurants. The arrival of each course was exact with description and knowledge, wine matches complimented perfectly. I do, however, feel that sous-vide methods were a little over-used when skill and timing could create a superior product with regards to the Duck and Pork dishes. No doubt in my mind that the entire team that creates the atmosphere, food and service aspects at Merideth's is world class. After some 4 hours and some, my reunion with my Brother was one of the most memorable evenings I have had for many years. Tip of the cap to you Merideth's team, outstanding food, true staff, and a perfect night for two old boys to catch up with a touch of class for once.

1  Thank ficklefeeder

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Great reputation, was looking forward to visit, and wasnt disappointed, only let down was course 6 and 7 on menu, chicken salad especially a let down, and didnt continue the high standard of first courses. Recommend for special occasion

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently had the 6 course lunch here. I visited twice last year, and was very impressed, but this time it was not quite as good. The food was all tasty, and beautifully presented, but it somehow lacked the wow factor that I got last year. This place does change its menu frequently, and some courses will impress more than others, so that is to be expected. We did find the courses all quite filling - we never could have eaten the 8 or 9 course options. Service was excellent, as always. The French Café still sets the benchmark for fine dining in my opinion, but Merediths is right up there.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went here and had the 9 course degustation. The service was top notch discreet and attentive. The dish sizes were unusually large for a degustation. The food was beautifully presented and prepared. However none of the courses were particularly mouthwateringly memorable. It was good but no where near as good as the French Cafe on any measurement.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Merediths is a wonderful restaurant located in the suburb of Mt Eden in Auckland. Food and service was faultless. I like the idea of only being degustation only as you don't need to make decisions on your food other than how many courses you want. You then try things you wouldn't normally do,