“Very good, but we were so full”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Merediths

Merediths
Ranked #223 of 2,232 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: New Zealand, International, European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland
“Very good, but we were so full”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently had the 6 course lunch here. I visited twice last year, and was very impressed, but this time it was not quite as good. The food was all tasty, and beautifully presented, but it somehow lacked the wow factor that I got last year. This place does change its menu frequently, and some courses will impress more than others, so that is to be expected. We did find the courses all quite filling - we never could have eaten the 8 or 9 course options. Service was excellent, as always. The French Café still sets the benchmark for fine dining in my opinion, but Merediths is right up there.

• Visited October 2013

Auckland
“Good but not outstanding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went here and had the 9 course degustation. The service was top notch discreet and attentive. The dish sizes were unusually large for a degustation. The food was beautifully presented and prepared. However none of the courses were particularly mouthwateringly memorable. It was good but no where near as good as the French Cafe on any measurement.

• Visited September 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
“Fantastic restaurant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Merediths is a wonderful restaurant located in the suburb of Mt Eden in Auckland. Food and service was faultless. I like the idea of only being degustation only as you don't need to make decisions on your food other than how many courses you want. You then try things you wouldn't normally do,

Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“My favourite restaurant in New Zealand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Every time I eat here, I am amazed by the creativity shown by the kitchen in both the flavours delivered on each plate as well as the presentation. We always go the full degustation to make sure that we sample as many dishes as possible. Service was excellent and in fact we have had the same lovely Canadian lady look after us each time. My other top rated restaurant is Sidart, but Merediths takes the prize.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Lotuseaters42
“Sadly disappointed!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Well we visited Merediths a year ago and I really have not had the chance to review as I really did not want to put people off but I feel as long as I put it out there in a fair and justified manner you will all see it as that. So we went on a very special night and honestly was very disappointed with it as we have eaten at other fine dining establishments and still do but I felt Merediths missed the mark not only on flavour but uniqueness. The service was very welcoming and attentive but the food sadly let us down. And the very "hear a pin drop" atmosphere was slightly uncomfortable. But to Merediths credit they have built up an incredible resataurant but unfortunately for our us it was very disappointing!!!

• Visited September 2012