“Bad service, bad food”

De Post Belgian Beer Cafe
Ranked #835 of 2,360 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Belgian, European, Seafood, New Zealand
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: De Post Belgian Beer Cafe, located in the heart of Mt Eden offers a fantastic menu including mussel pots and platters, hearty pub fare and a great range of desserts. The atmosphere is lively and welcoming and the sunny upstairs outdoor deck area a perfect spot to enjoy the wide range of fine Belgian beers any time of the year. Special functions and parties work well at De Post Belgian Beer Cafe as the venue includes two separate bar areas plus a dedicated functions room. Contact 0800 FUNCTION for more information about booking a function at De Post.
Reviewed March 21, 2014

We were ignored when we arrived and that was just the beginning of a truly bad experience. Eventually we ended up at a bar leaner. Thats ok as we were just casual diners. After 5 minutes I went to get menus as none arrived. After 10 minutes no one arrived to take a food or drink order so I went to the bar and placed our order. I paid and stood to wait and take the drinks with me. The barman said return to your seat and I will bring the drinks to you. So I returned to my seat and watched as the barman served every person that came to the bar a drink but alas no drinks for us. After 15 more minutes I returned to the bar and asked for our drinks. He delivered them 5 minutes later. Another 15 minutes go by and he returns to our table and asks what our food order was. We tell him and 25 minutes later our chicken burgers arrive and they were not worth the wait or the $22 we had paid. Nobody offered to refresh our drinks or if everything was fine with our meals. We left stunned that anybody operates in this fashion. They had truly turned a lazy Sunday into a crazy Sunday . We have dined at other Belgium Beer Cafés and had great experiences but not here.

Rick & Kerry

Frenzigroup, General Manager at De Post Belgian Beer Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi Rick and Kerry,

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at De Post.

I'm very disappointed to hear that you didn't receive the hospitable service that our team strive for as this is not how we usually do things here.

I've discussed your feedback with the team on duty to ensure that this won't reoccur and I thank you for taking the time to get in touch. I hope that we'll see you in again in the future to experience De Post the way you should have.

Kind regards,
De Post Belgian Beer Cafe

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We always loved the food in here, the best part is they have a tasting tray for all different beers. Great German beers too.
We like this place more than the one in Missionbay because there's a better chance we can get a nice sitting in here, also having Mt.Eden Road being my most favorite road in AKL. Service here is good, although you may need to wait a while during busy time, but they do attend to you in a very warm and friendly manner, and that's all you need after a bit of wait. Food are good and quality is overwhelming, or should I say tummy filling.
Definitely recommend if you are looking for a relaxed night out with a few friends or just two of you.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

They have a good choice of beer and lunch dishes. They have outdoor seating and the place is central in Mount Eden village.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We came here at 10.30pm and they only had a few things to eat. I tried the falafel with humus and they were delicious. We also tried the calamari which wasn't that good, and the fries were so and so. I asked for a ketchup and the taste was weird.

1  Thank KikaPS
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Nice atmosphere and attentive friendly staff. Amazing beer menu -always sightly sticky though! It's a nice place to pop in for a drink with friends and is usually busy. We popped in the other day for a meal- all ended up with fish and chips. A large plate of food although we all thought it was a little over priced for fish and chips. The meal was good -we all cleaned our plates!