“Jessica's visit”

Coast to Coast Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sheepworld tour, Wilderness tour, with NEW owner Peter. All-inclusive [pick-up, lunch, wine, and all fees] and geared for cruise ship passengers to enjoy a memorable time around the Auckland region. Half day tours and private tours available. Contact us for more details.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Jessica is intellectually disabled and she visited Donna and Stuarts farm in muriwai on 29th March..apologies for taking so long in writing this. Jessica thoroughly enjoyed her visit, feeding the sheep and patting dawn and roy.
We would like to thank Donna and Stuart for welcoming us and making Jessica feel so special. This is a lovely place to visit and advise anyone who would like a taste of farming
We hope to visit you again

warmest regards
Jessica and Kathy

1  Thank shoretrust
muriwaidonna, Owner at Coast to Coast Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Hi there Kathy and Jessica,
Thank you for your kind words here on Tripadvisor. We've just arrived back home after our vacations, hence the delay in our reply. It was so nice to have provided Jessica with her goal-setting and see the pleasure she received from it.
All the best,
Donna & Stu.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

recently I met both STU and DONNA while they visited Belfast,
I spent some time with them taking them through the history of our city, what a lovely genuine couple they are, they told me lots about their business and passed on some great knowledge to me, from one guide to others I thank you for that. Just spending some time in their company is an experience in itself. Thank you both, you are inspirational

Joe mcC

1  Thank Belfast-murals

Kia ora Joe!
We are now home after our 2 month vacation. Many thanks for your lovely comments. It was great meeting you, and we enjoyed your personal tour too.
All the best,
Donna & Stu

Reviewed May 2, 2014

It passed a lot of time , but the memory of that tours is unforgetable. It was a wonderful experience we've had before. Their farm life was very interested for us,Japanese.
Their house was very beautiful,comfortable and home made cakes were delicious, too.
And adding they are so kind, and friendly, too. It was really unforgetable experience.
Thank for Donna and Stu.

1  Thank takako I
muriwaidonna, Owner at Coast to Coast Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Konnichiwa Takako san,
Arigato for writing a review (and in very good English too).
As you have mentioned, and it is always reported to us, that our tour is so very very different to what people would ever experience because we include the unique feature of visiting our farm and coming inside our own home. This way, overseas folk can experience something “real” compared with visiting a public tourist “attraction”. We are pleased you also enjoyed our Epicurean Tasting Platter, again, something quite unique (and nice not to have your food served from out the back of the vehicle you have been traveling in like is done on most tours!).
Your tree; E18 (a Manuka “honey” tree), can be located in our Reserves at S36 48.741 E174 27.918
Takako, with your excellent “double bottle-feeding” ability, we could use you when we have to feed our lambs later in the year please ;)
Bye bye for now,
Donna & Stu.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We could know about NZ.Especially,I like MURIWAI beach and SHEEP FARM(House of Donna and Stuart ).I saw lot's of gannets in MURIWAI beach.Ihave never seen it.You shoud not take a sandal,Sports shoes is better.
My daughter was realy exciting feed and touch pet New Zealand sheep .(Also me)
We had AFTERNOON TEA in ther(theDonna and Stuart) house,donna cooked.We could choose kind of tea(8 types...maybe).
Anyway we realy Enjoyed Ultimate Auckland tour.

Pricing schedule for children under 5yo - 15yo is NZD 10 per-year-of-age (for example: a 9yo = $90 ...a 12yo = $120)
pricing schedule for children under 5yo - 15yo is NZD 10 per-year-of-age (for example: a 9yo = $90 ...a 12yo = $120).

1  Thank maruko001gou

Konnichiwa family!
Arigato for your excellent review written in English. We know that people with English as a second language often don’t like to write because they feel it won’t be good enough! We appreciate your great effort and thank you for this.
We enjoyed hosting your family. We don’t get many very young children on our tours (because of the mainly adult itinerary), but for under 5yo, their tour is free.
Our pricing schedule for 5y – 15y is $10 per-year of-age (e.g. 9y = $90, 12y = $120), as we feel this is a fairer system than just all children at “half price”.
In August our sheep will be having their babies, and we will be showing lots of photos and stories on our Facebook page, so please like us if you are interested!
Your tree; E92 (a Manuka “honey” tree), can be located in our Reserves at S36 48.736 E174 27.908
Please say “Hi” to everyone, and we wish you all the very best.
Regards,
Donna & Stu

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My wife and I were surprised when we found out whole group just two of us. However, it turned out the best tour we ever had. Stu is very knowledgeable. He told us New Zeland's history and Maori's culture. He also taught us the enviorment issues New Zeland current is facing. The part I enjoyed the most was feeding the lamb on his farm. Stu showed us the barn where they sheep are shorn. Donna showed us the birds she rescued and the trees she planted. She also planted a Manuka tree for us. I spent all my career behind a computer monitor. After the tour I wish I spent my life on a New Zealand farm instead. I already recommended this tour to my friends who are interested in visiting New Zealand in the near future. Someday we'll visit New Zealand and pretty we'll visit Donna and Stu again.

Eric L

Kia ora Eric,
Thank you so much for your review. It was lovely meeting you both, and we are pleased you had a wonderful day full of experiences you have never had before, (with things on our tour not available to other tours!).
Yes, we are a small group tour (min 2 persons), but can cater for upto 24 persons (especially for Cruise Boat passengers). We do “rescues” as we love animals, so it’s nice to be able to share them for our visitors to see. Your tree; E77 (a Manuka “honey” tree), can be located in our Reserves at S36 48.735 E174 27.909
Thank you for recommending us to your friends too, and should you make it back to Auckland please do let us know.
We are now closed for our winter vacations, but do like us on Facebook where you can see us in the "RAW" (Real, Authentic, Way-of-life).
Nga mihi nui,
Donna & Stu, and all the animal “whanau” (family).