“Delicous”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Huge range of food at a reasonable price. Had the num tok it was nice and hot with herbs to balance it well

Reviewed July 8, 2014

First of all, we are gay couple from Australia, I m Thai from e San, my partner is kiwi but live in Australia, we been travel around the world together,we love thai food and e San food, we never ever comment before on tripadvisor. The worst dinning experience in NZ, normally When we traveling we like to try a local thai food everywhere we went too and give few star for them, but this time we didn't want to give any star for them, We went there last nigh by 6.30pm 8/7/2014, not very busy, not sure how to order the food,we went to the counter and ask how can we do, the guy who look very tried face and unfriendly face, feel like he doesn't want to work there anymore, or heart broken... Btw I start ask in Thai with him, he said on angry voice' order here and you guys can sit anywhere you like, well well first thing in my mind I want to walk out from that place, but we were hungry and outside so wet , windy and cold, I decide to read the menu on the wall and we paid our orders, and sat down, we looking around in the restaurant with unfriendly staff, 5mins later unfriendly staff turn on with 2 bowl of rice with our first dish is stir mix veg in oyster source, as I can see the rice on the plate, very un tidy, our deep fry fish order turn on again with unhappy face staff as I can see fish look so small and tried fish, they are not sweet and sour source same as menu at all, whole small fish with sweet chilly source and chilly on fish source on the side, the fish bit smelly like 100 year fish and were so oily. I have been a waiter and manager at biggest casino hotel in Australia, I think it’s a basic cooking for Thai food is unexceptable for this restaurant, I always ask the staff nicely, but this time although I asked nicely, I still got rudeness and un happy face in return, being a good customer service is happy face or body language is the first impression for customers. If staffs can't do it please change your job and do some thing else... Please be nice and smile face as Thai peoples do, leave a tried life and unhappy life at home, get to work and do work well. We plan to move to Auckland soon as I get a job in casino here as hotel restaurant manager , I m not sure if I want to return to the place again, I know if was cheap for us but bad quality of food that was unexceptable. Dave and Khuan from Australia.

3  Thank San357777
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Fast food thai great pretty authentic quality real Thai flavours the best I have had in NZ so far. Portions are large prices reasonable. Tom kar gai like you get in Thailand. So many more dishes to try but don't have the time. Will come again. Service cannot be faulted don't understand what others expect from a fast food restaurant. Again you just come for the food. In and out.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Very busy place for delicious Thai food at student prices! Recommended to us by a local Thai resident - always a good sign. Try their PrawnTom Yum soup - great for those cooooold nights!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Made the mistake of going to the counter before reading the huge menu. Ended up ordering in a hurry.
Very big servings, very cheap, incredibly efficient staff and set up.
Food was underspiced for our taste, and only average - but there was lots of it!