“Fast Delivery, Quality Thai Food ”
Review of Zap4 Esan Thai Cuisine - CLOSED

Zap4 Esan Thai Cuisine
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Arguably one of the best Thai restaurants in Auckland! Fast delivery/ service, Quality food at the right price! Friendly staff and a great place for the kids too

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Maybe the quality is variable depending on the chef and we really did WANT to like the food here (and return again and again!!) given the reviews, but there isn't much positive you can say about a duck curry which was just a hot soup of (mainly) several very large fatty chunks of duck skin and tinned pineapple chunks. Now you wouldn't / couldn't serve big chunks of fatty skin on a plate so why was it saved to hide in the curry soup? The seafood dish was pretty average too with manufactured squid 'tubes' you chew for half an hour and no real taste beyond soy sauce and chilli.
Add to that indifferent service - no eye contact and grunts in response to questions when ordering - so I didn't feel our custom was appreciated at all.
We've been lucky to eat at some very good Thai places, both budget and more expensive, all over the world. Sadly, although we now live back in Auckland, we won't be back to Zap4

Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went for a quick dinner before the movies at Silo park. The food was as amazing as I remember. Had the omelette over rice with a spicy chilli "tomato" sauce which hit the spot. They also surprisingly had cendol. Of course I had to try it and wasn't disappointed. The sweet coconut broth was warm and the ice gave patches of cooling coconut. The cendol was good but wasn't chewy enough for my liking. The dessert made me feel like having more food but held myself back since I knew I was already full.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Last reviewed this restaurant a good while back , but recently visited again. I am happy I did so!

The place is bright and airy with a lot of seating and the washroom was spotless.

The food was as tasty as ever, and very very reasonably priced. Around $NZ13 for a delicious curry. The menu is extensive and caters for all tastes.

You order at the counter, given a number and then served at your table. So do not expect a waiter to take your order at your table. Staff were all very friendly, courteous and professional.

I will definitely return!

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Very nice food! Cheap price and very fast service. If I find only find some dessert this place will be PERFECT!!!
I'm gonna to love this place!!!! :)