“Great location, perfect lunch!”
Review of Fish

Fish
Ranked #50 of 2,385 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: Seafood, New Zealand
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Located on the first floor of the Hilton Auckland, FISH brings to life a new partnership between the world renowned Hilton brand and the expertise of the Nourish Group of restaurants headed in the kitchen by Gareth Stewart.Restaurant Head Chef Fraser Shenton and Restaurant Manager Oliver Watkinson lead the team of FISH with the knowledge and experience gathered working in international and national top eateries. FISH is about bringing the best New Zealand produce to the table in the best location right on the waterfront.
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was the second time we have been to Fish for a meal and I can say it is consistantly good, great service, and the views.... You couldn't get closer to the harbour on a fantastic day, than sitting on the deck at the restaurant!

They do a 2 or 3 course special for lunch which is extremely good value and just perfect amounts of food for a midday meal!

As we were celebrating my husbands birthday, they brought out some truffles with our coffees to enjoy. Just a little thing like that makes you feel special and I thought that was a nice touch!

I would definitely reccommend going to Fish for a special meal, or even just a lunch out if you are in the area as I know we won't be waiting on another birthday to return!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had unexpectedly great meal at the Fish restaurant. We stayed in Hilton, and Fish is in the same building. We didn't want to go far after a long last day in Auckland, and decided to give Fish a try. And what a surprise. Everything was great: the view, friendly and knowledgeable waiting staff, who gave us great wine and food recommendations. It was perfect dinner, one of the best meals we had at a fine dining restaurant. A bit pricy, so I will recommend it for special occasions. Thanks for the special evening, what a way to finish a wonderful Australia and NZ vacation :-)

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I took my team to Fish for breakfast for a celebration. It was a real disappointment. The food was cold, the coffee was cold, the 'live station' was poor, on a tiny table with no information about what was available and the chef giving the wrong omelettes to people. Although the restaurant was almost empty there says a long wait for a poached egg! No the standard I expected.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I ate at Fish this past Wednesday (Feb 5) to celebrate an important birthday. We wanted something special and we found "it" at Fish. We did not have a reservation but were promptly seated at a table on the terrace overlooking the harbor. The Maître D made us feel very welcome and comfortable, and took our drink orders. Our waiter took very good care of us, making sure our needs were always met. My husband had the oysters and meat platter to start and I had a delicious salad. For main courses we had Shane's seafood stew and the salmon. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. For dessert we had 20 year old port, a great way to end an excellent meal. While eating our dinner we enjoyed watching sailboats going by, probably coming in from an after work sail, and the sun set. It was truly a special evening in every way.

Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

My husband took me to fish last night for a birthday dinner.

I loved the place. Beautiful view right on the water front, the staff were welcoming. Our waiter was awesome, he was friendly with a great sense of humor and informative without taking up too
Much time.

We had a breads dish to start which was yummy.

I had the catch of the day which was lovely and my husband had a whole snapper which he polished off.

We decided we were far to full for dessert , however the staff bought me out a cute plate with happy birthday written in chocolate and yummy little dark chocolate balls rolled in nuts.

We paid $133 for one entree two mains and two drinks.

Amazing food, great service, great view.