“Good view, nice service & delicious food are unbeatable combination”
Review of Fish

Fish
Ranked #50 of 2,257 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Seafood, European, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located on the first floor of the Hilton Auckland, FISH brings to life a new partnership between the world renowned Hilton brand and the expertise of the Nourish Group of restaurants headed in the kitchen by Gareth Stewart.Restaurant Head Chef Fraser Shenton and Restaurant Manager Arthur Sylos lead the team of FISH with the knowledge and experience gathered working in international and national top eateries. FISH is about bringing the best New Zealand produce to the table in the best location right on the waterfront.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good view, nice service & delicious food are unbeatable combination”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

We booked by phone and came for birthday celebration. A matre'd leaded us to outdoor table. It has very good view! Nice..! The menus were tempting and we had got proper information about them, and I should say, this place is perfect not only for local, but also for seafood lover tourists.

Most menus are totally seafood, not meat. Many restaurants say "seafood" but not only sell seafood. In this restaurant, you can't go wrong.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault it!”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My friends and I dined at Fish last weekend and were not disappointed. Everything from the service, food and ambience were spot on. We were seated promptly (after having fab cocktails downstairs in Bellinis) and looked after by some lovely staff. Knowledgeable, attentive but not intrusive - we are 3 busy mums out for a well-deserved meal without our kids, so we were talking a LOT! I had the scallop and pork belly starter, fabulous. My main course was the surf and turf, probably one of the best cooked fillets I've ever had, delicious. The prawns on top were on skewers, covered in an amazing tempura batter, light and crispy, superb. I was told that the Akaroa salmon was equally as good. I opted out of dessert, but sampled the choc mousse and mango pudding, heavenly. We were intrigued by a magical pudding that was served at the next table, a bubbling glass cauldron-like bowl, which I understand was called nitrogen chocolate (or something like that!). The lady looked so happy when it wad served!! The chef, Shane Yardley, popped out from the kitchen and introduced himself to every table, lovely touch. He looked genuinely proud of the food that had been produced by his kitchen. The views were beautiful and the atmosphere was buzzy but not too hectic. I can't wait to go back!

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Lisa126
Macedon, Australia
“A memorable dinner”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

The oysters were superb with pomegranite balsamic straws. I had the lightly battered fish with amazing long chips in a side small deep fry basket. My husband had coral trout which he said was cooked to perfection. Presentation of all our meals was excellent. The absolute highlight was the mousse infused with coffee and caramel, prepared with liquid nitrogen at the table. A truly memorable dessert.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Pamela B
Sydney, Australia
“You can't go wrong, really!”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This was the best location to entertain a customer meeting in a long time.
Refined, well served, slightly eccentric and with a sense of expensive and luxury, our customers felt well treated and looked after.
The layout is wide open and well set for a large group, which told me also that i might not want to take my partner out there automatically, as we would be seen and noticed, with very little privacy. Not really a romantic outing to my view.
Talking about views, those on the harbor and the viaduct are stunning and surrounding the place.
Again, i wonder how this would look like bashed by the sun around mid day for lunch, as there is again no shelter and tons of bay windows.
But at night, it makes it come all to a pinnacle of little lights, and show display of the city, with view on the CBD and the north harbor.
Food wise, fresh and refined, well served, courteous service, really, you can't go wrong. It is a great venue for a business meeting/dinner. Price wise, well the company pays, right?... otherwise, it would drill a large hole in anyone's pocket. But the experience is great and the treat is genuine. Nothing to reproach altogether, aside for the banquet layout.

• Visited April 2012
Austin, Texas
“Really enjoyable Bento Box lunch!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I took advantage of the $30 Bento Box special today with two colleagues. The serviv was impeccable - timely, informative and friendly. (This was in spite of my very challenging friend who had the poor guy recite virtually every non-alcoholic drink in the place.) I ordered the seafood Bento Box which consisted of two generous pieces of seared tuna with delicious skordalia. Frankly, that could've been the whole lunch. I also had three big tempura prawns, a mini slider (unnecessary, actually). Dessert (!) was a gorgeous rice pudding with mango.

The view was spectacular - overlooking the Harbour. I'd been to the location before when it was White Restaurant -- this is a VAST improvement!

• Visited April 2012