“A great location and a fair selection on the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Waterfront Cafe - CLOSED

Waterfront Cafe
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe, Seafood, Pub, New Zealand
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auckland, New Zealand
“A great location and a fair selection on the menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is not a fine dining restaurant, but, it is also a notch or two above pub grub. A party of eight or nine visited the restaurant recently and had a mix of burgers, chowder, snapper, nachos and squid and everybody enjoyed their respective meals. Service was fine.

• Visited April 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We had only arrived from Sydney that afternoon and were tired and hungry. We each ordered the Cheeseburger Deluxe and it was fantastic. I shared one with my 10 year old daughter and had plenty as the serves were so big. The meals were also delivered quickly after we ordered too so that was a bonus to tired travellers. A lovely atmosphere with a beautiful outlook of the water and nearby yachts all bathed in fairy lights. A very positive experience and I am quite picky. My husband raved about the cider!

Visited April 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Lunch by the water”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

It was the ideal place to take some overseas visitors on a gorgeous Auckland autumn day, looking over the old ships moored at the wharf. We ordered an antipasto platter - the menu didn't specify the number it might be for - but when it arrived, it was very large with a variety of meats, salmon, dolmades, pickles, cheese, bread and salads. It was virtually enough on its own for the three of us for lunch and we almost wished we hadn't ordered anything else. When the next courses came - lamb shank, lamb "sandwich" and Caesar salad - they were excellent and again with very generous portions. The food was definitely great value.
Service was a bit erratic, though friendly and the coffee was not as good as one can get almost anywhere in Auckland but you couldn't fault the food. On a fine day, it's a great place to visit, particularly if you have hungry visitors from out of town.

• Visited April 2014
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Just what I wanted!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

We ate here on our first night in Auckland. We were jet lagged and all we wanted was to explore the Harbour area and find a good place to relax and eat that had a good view. I was craving a hamburger and let me tell you, what they brought me was massive. We quickly learned that we needed to share food in New Zealand. The food quality was good and the beer was cold! What more could a girl want.

Visited February 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Snapper meal I had was just delicious, very good and have no quibbles about my food. The only caution I would say is that the portions I saw in both meals and desserts were too large. NZ's are becoming obese, eating because it is there. Good food does not need loading up.

The service excellent, a great middle family, mum and dad restaurant.

• Visited March 2014