“Divine six course degustation dinner”
Review of Toto' Ristorante

Toto' Ristorante
Ranked #452 of 2,259 Restaurants in Auckland
Cuisines: Italian, European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Divine six course degustation dinner”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a fabulous degustation dinner at Toto last night. The food was outstanding, the wine matches were lovely and the staff took the time to explain about the wines, which was fun. The service and food are always excellent at Toto, it has a great ambience and the tables are set far enough apart for privacy, which I really appreciate. It's my favourite Auckland restaurant.

• Visited January 2014

Newport, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We visited on a Saturday night specifically for the opera and that was great. Loved every minute, Shame about the large table close by that talked all through it though. Our starter was good, the desserts we had, the icecream and tiramasu were excellent, but I felt the main courses were a let down. My husbands pasta was the smallest he has ever had. My chicken was small also. I wish the waiter had told us how small they were and we would have ordered sides. The staff were very pleasant. I dont think we will be coming back, my husband was still hungry when he left.

• Visited December 2013
Restauranttoto, Manager at Toto' Ristorante, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing to visit us at Toto Restaurant, Auckland, we were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Live Opera which has been a favourite for 20 years now, almost as long as we have been bringing smiles to our guests faces with the delicious Italian dessert – Tiramisu.

In keeping with many popular restaurants we offer menu items of varying sizes to cater all preferences. Generally the menu items are presented as they our in our home country and pricing reflects size - where requested our staff are happy to offer guidance.

We will be sure to pass on your kind words of praise to the front of house team. Please do take the opportunity to visit us again and make contact beforehand so that we can work through the menu with you and possibly explore some wonderful Italian delicacies.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had our staff Christmas party/do at Toto's last Friday and I couldn't fault the service or the food. Everyone is still talking about that amazing night and we are really hoping to go back next year. The food was exceptional and our main waitress was very attentive and couldn't do enough to make us feel like royalty, honestly they couldn't do enough for us.
For me personally,since changing my diet to gluten and dairy free a few months back (medical reasons) and now pregnant, it has been such a chore to eat out and not really very enjoyable. This all changed Friday night. I was presented with delicious, fresh food that the chef had adapted (from the set Christmas menu) to suit my dietary needs - I couldn't have been more grateful and the taste of the food simply out of this world! We had the most sensational looking and tasting food, everyone was eagerly awaiting the next course to see what they were going to bring out next.

• Visited December 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Informal elegance!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

By far the best Italian meal experience, indeed one of the best restaurant meals we have had in our world wide travels. Relaxed, informal elegance enhances excellent cooking and carefully presented dishes. With so many tempting dishes, we opted to share plates; by far the best way to experience this excellent restaurant. We chose breads form the anti pasta, with mains risotto, gnocchi, pasta, asparagus, crayfish and Mediterranean salad, followed by one of each of the desserts! All carefully cooked with attention to detail. So many flavours, well prepared and balanced. Service was attentive, professional and friendly. The staff kept themselves and the downer on his toes - simply fabulous!

• Visited November 2013
UK
“One of my new favourite places to eat”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The degustation menu here was really good, and the wine choices were well-matched. The opera on Saturday night is a nice touch - not too much of it to hurt your ears, but something different to talk about. The wait staff were excellent, very helpful, and with good advice. Nice ambience, not overcrowded or deafening. Definitely worth a revisit.

• Visited August 2013