“Opera, Italian food and wine, what more could you want”
Review of Toto' Ristorante

Toto' Ristorante
Ranked #173 of 2,414 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Had my birthday dinner at Toto, our friends all came along and we had a night to remember. It was opera night and although some patrons don't enjoy and talk through the opera, we had food and wine to die for and the cost was very reasonable, all in all a great night with the best service.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Superb food, wine & atmosphere. Be sure to book the opera evening for a special occasion.

1  Thank MustafaAuckland
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Authentic surroundings, authentic food, fantastic wines - the best and I think oldest Italian in Auckland.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our family ordered delivery to our hotel and we were pleasantly surprised when the delivery guy brought the pizza! While removing the box from the warm sleeve....... Seemed like it would go on forever as this is the longest pizza ever... And delicious! We should have shared with the hotel front desk staff as our family of four could not finish it and had a normal large sized pizza leftover.

Restauranttoto, Manager at Toto' Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Reviewed July 2, 2011

My partner and I joined friends for a an evening at Totos last night. We hadn't planned to go, but were using the Auckland Entertainment book as a method of narrowing down the options. Our friends had been before, but we hadn't. We had however heard great things about the place (and I'd been fotunate enough to experience their three foot pizzas at work events). We were forewarned that this was opera night, and there would be perfomances throughout the evening.
Well, the food was fantastic and the men more easy to work through than some places which seem to think quantity in the menu stakes equals quality. Reading through the menu I was presented with a difficult situation as everything sounded delicious, There were plenty of suitably different dishes on offer, from the usual trattoria, but still resonant of the Italian influences that resound in the restaurant. We shared some of the best oysters I've had recently as an amusee bouche, and I followed with a delightful (and generously sized) start of prawns, aubergine fritter, and parmesan crips. And in true Italian style it was served with a liberal dousing of garlic and tomatoes. For main I chose the gnocchi with blue cheese and zucchini sauce, on a pumpkin veloute which was so good that everyone round the table had a taste. The pork belly disapperared off two of the parties plates so quickly that the rest of us didn't get a chance to try it, and my partner who likes to think himself a gourmet expert when it comes to Duck Confit stated it was one of the best.
All in all a lovely evening - the vibe suitably relaxed, yet a little more upscale than most Italian places. Definitely one on our list to re-visit, and I suggest you do too.

We really appreciate for your kind feeback!