“Great food”

Cuisines: Steakhouse, Australian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Although dark and somewhat dated in its decor, Tony's serves great food. We had lamb and it was excellent. The staff was good, too.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Called in for a meal on Saturday night. Place is nice, small and tudor looking from outside. Were met and seated straight away, took drinks order and returned shortly for our orders. Meals were delivered fairly quickly and were nice. Portions were quite small for price and I've found usually steakhouse type restaurants deliver pretty big meals. Was well cooked, steak was nice nut pretty small. Service was very pleasant and efficient.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the taxi driver who picked us up from the airport. We were so glad he did as from the outside this restaurant is unprepossessing and we would never have tried it. As it was we ate there three times!
My partner loved the seafood platter and the spaghetti bolognese was delicious! Dishes are available in entree and main course sizes. The main courses are served with chips and salad. The portions are huge! I found the entree size to be ample.
The service was efficient.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

After looking at a couple of dozen restaurants in the area, we chose this one as having the menu that most appealed to us. The staff were extremely helpful and relayed our food allergies to the kitchen and we had no problems there. Between us on the two evenings we had 'fish of the day', chicken goujons and minute steaks, and for desserts Tirimasu and Brandy snaps.alll beautifully cooked and presented.
Well worth visiting twice.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I would highly recommend this restaurant based on my recent visit. Service was very good as we were quickly seated and served. My wife ordered the filet and I had the steak/bacon prawn combo; both were excellent medium rare. Good portions with 2 sides (vegetables/salad and a potato dish) Based on other restaurants in Auckland, a great value! Only issue (although not a big deal at all) was that my wife wasn't able to change the potato side dish for rice even though the rice was actually cheaper - that really didn't make sense to me as I was advised this was restaurant policy.

1  Thank David H