“Great time!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Good time!

Service great, food perfect !
I really enjoy!!
Kisses from Brazil!

Amanda

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I ate here on a Monday night and it was very quiet which should have given me more attentive service, sadly that was not the case. I was initially given prompt attention but after I received my food and drink I was abandoned. Eventually I had to stand up to make eye contact with one of the waitresses and ask for the bill. I don't know if the fact I was on my own made any difference.

That said the food was very good. I asked for a plain steak as the menu only had fancy versions. It was cooked medium rare to my liking and served with fresh vegetables. I had an organic beer which was very good.

The place needed a freshen up and it is a shame in such a beautiful city there was no windows - I didn't go upstairs and that could be better.

Overall the value was good but with poor service.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Excellent location in Auckland city (though not well signed) this establishment has been around forever. We thought we would re-visit after approximately 6 years to see if it was as good as we remembered. I thought it was a little expensive when browsing the menu, but you certainly get your money's worth when your plate arrives. The food was very good and nicely presented with HUGE portions that pleased the males in our group. A fairly extensive array to choose from and our 2 grandchildren 18 months and 3 years were well looked after.
It's nice to be able to visit a restaurant and relax and to see staff happily cater for the little ones. Our waitress (Amber) was onto it and could teach some waitresses I've watched a thing or two!
Good selection of drinks available and amenities were clean, though the decor was dated.
If you're after fine dining in fancy digs, this is not the place for you. But, if like us locals you want a good meal at an affordable price, this restaurant is where you'll find exactly that.
Will definitely visit again, thanks Lord Nelson for the good eats :-)

Reviewed December 20, 2011

Walking into this place is like a trip back to the 80's with mix of booth and table dining and plenty of carved wood and dim lighting. I've been going here on regular occasions over 10 years and while the menu has changed little, the quality of food and service remains pleasing to the stomach and wallet. Plenty of choice for the meat lover and many seafood options. While women eat here, it is a very blokey place with many regulars enjoying a steak and bottle of red wine. So while the surrounds aren't that flash any more, the food and service still make the visit most satisfying.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

It sounds like a very English restaurant but this is not English cooking. The lamb looked great and the venison was delicious. The deserts successfully tempted me. The place is popular with both locals from out of town and with tourists. Rather dark pub-like atmosphere, nice booths. The help are friendly but slightly laissez faire in the kiwi fashion. This is not fast food and neither is the service but you will enjoy it, even dining alone.