“First class!”

Ranked #3 of 2,345 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My husband & I had dinner at The Grove last week. From the minute we walked in we felt welcome & the service was first class. Not only that - the good we ordered was exceptional - one of the best - if not the best - lamb meals I have ever had. My husband loved his duck also. We only had room to share a dessert - but this was also worthy of note. The wine list was extensive with good notes.
Would highly recommend this restaurant - & look forward to going again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The food is always outstanding, as befits a former winner of the Auckland Metro Restaurant Awards. Décor is smart casual, it's fairly small and intimate, but centrally located in the centre of town, and the optional inexpensive valet parking is one of it's best kept secrets.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Best food in Auckland! If you love seafood and fine dining, it can't get better than the Grove. Well,I have to say though the best steak I have ever had was also at the Grove. To be honest, I have not find a single dish on the menu that is anything less than excellent. (even the fries) Don't underestimate their ability in desserts either.

We don't normally tip in New Zealand. The Grove is one of the very few places I have happily tipped every time to show my appreciation for the fantastic service.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Went to the Grove last night in a party of 6 ages ranging from 20- 80 years and everyone loved it. Three of us were vegetarians, and the vegetarian tasting menu was outstanding. Service was faultless and the staff were all very knowledgeable. Unforgettable experience had by all.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food unbelievably good on a busy night in Auckland. The food was perfectly matched with lack and international wines. The soufflé was perfect as were the salted caramel truffles to end with. The favorite of everyone at our table was the soft crab dish.