“HIGH STANDARDS OF CUISINE AND SERVICE - LOVED IT”
Review of The Grove

The Grove
Ranked #4 of 2,372 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I took some clients to The Grove hoping for the usual great food but this time I was surprised - it was completely amazing! The chef has outdone himself - the most beautifully presented dishes, surprised and delighted my clients. We drunk some gorgeous wine and totally enjoyed the evening. It always makes a big difference to dining out when you get great service

Write a ReviewReviews (1,243)

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The degustation menu was an interesting journey. Occasionally the flavours didn't work and when that happened it seemed to be a case of one ingredient too many. Despite that this was one of the better degustation menus I have experienced in Auckland. The stand out for me however was the wine matching. There was nothing ordinary or common about the wines. The wine journey was a bit of an eclectic trip around the wine growing world - someone obviously had fun putting the wine matched together and I thoroughly enjoyed following in that persons footsteps.

As you would expect the service was impeccable, as were the surroundings. Whilst not a cheap night out I left feeling that I had received good value.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Always good and always expensive. Often filled with suited idiots but encouragingly there were some young families there this time. Wine list is terrific. The tastes are always striking and diverse. They're good at putting a slightly different spin on food without it becoming outlandish. Service was excellent if you're into that sort of thing. As long as they don't ask how you like you're food every 5 mins and have some enthusiasm I'm happy.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Their customer service was amazing! We told them we had to get to a show by a certain time and they made sure we could fit in a main with plenty of time and even recommended specific dessert dishes we could fit in the limited time we had left. Good tasted amazing (I had their oyster, quail egg and octopus entree dish as a main) and their dessert was absolutely delicious we scoffed it down in literally 5 minutes! Highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Definitely one of the top ten dining experiences I have had just wish Linda was with me! The pheasant to start was to die for, the crispy roast duck main was one of the best I have had. Finished with a late bottle vintage port and Shropshire cheese. Service and staff were impeccable.