“Beyond my Expectation”

Tapestry Dining
Ranked #311 of 2,344 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Cuisines: European, International, New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located on the Lobby level of Pullman Auckland hotel, Tapestry at Pullman is an upscale restaurant that highlights the tastes of the world through its innovative culinary creations and impressive international wine list. The menu offers abundant flavours and delectable delicacies from New Zealand, Asian and European cuisines, all created live in the viewing kitchen.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My experience at Hotels for dinner has always been a little mixed so I did not go with the highest of expectations but decided to go here as I was a guest of the Hotel for the night and part of my relaxation is not to leave the property. We had a lovely drink in the little bar prior which was really nice. The outside area looked really nice but unfortunately I feel the cold so that lovely area was not for me. The restaurant staff were particularly good I felt and the meal was superb, well beyond my expectation. I will definitely stay again. Both my partner and myself felt the same and we have eaten out many times all around the world. Well done Pullman.
I have also written a review on the fabulous room we stayed in last Thursday. I forgot to say in that room that the pillows and bed were just divine. I meant to check to see what sort of pillows they were and forgot and that is saying something because I often take my own, I am very fussy about them. Faye

PullmanAucklandHotel, Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Faye,

Thank you so much for your glowing review on our restaurant, I am so glad that you both had such an enjoyable experience in our Bar and Café restaurant and that our staff helped to contribute to this.
It’s great to hear how we were well and beyond your expectations, I feel very humbled by your feedback and it’s great to here that you had a pleasant night sleep with our divine 5 star bedding.
We look forward to welcoming you and your partner back to stay with us on your next visit to Auckland.

Thank you again for recommending our hotel to others.

Kindest regards,

Michael Biggs
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2013

5 star hotel and you cant get a capuccino at 10:45pm at night.They advertise desert till 11:00pm and at 10:50 we are told we can't get whatwe asked for. Told the girl behind the bar, who left her smile at home, that it was advertised till 11:00pm. She then said she would speak to the kitchen and see what they could do!! We did eventualy get the desert but felt as if they were doing us a favour.

PullmanAucklandHotel, Director of Food and Beverage at Tapestry Dining, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear VernonNewZealand,

Thank you for your review on our café. First off, please accept my apologies regarding the service during your stay. You are correct that the dessert doesn’t close until 11pm, so apologies that you were told otherwise. I have also addressed your comments on the cappuccino not being available at 10:45pm with the team. This is most definitely not the case and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience caused with this.

Anura Abeysundara
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Chefs should be commended on the food, both for buffet breakfast and dinner menu. Great to have a good selection for dinner - both a dinner menu but also cafe style food if you did not want to eat too much. Try the tapas style entree - excellent.

PullmanAucklandHotel, Executive Chef at Tapestry Dining, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear HappyHotels,

My chefs and I are very grateful for your comments and your review. I am glad that your tried our tapas as your entrée and enjoyed our varied meal selection.

I look forward to greeting you at the restaurant in the future.

Arun Pillai
Executive Chef

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Finally, after many months, a dear friend and I managed to catch up over dinner. He chose The Cafe at Pullman Auckland Hotel. The restaurant has been refurbished and looks great. Lighting is well balanced and creates a pleasant atmosphere. Rose, a charming waitress, looked after us superbly. I love Caesar salad but Rose introduced me to Salmon Caesar Salad, my compliments to the Chef ! Fantastic ! The first course was followed by Fish of the Day, I had grilled Midadory filets with mashed potatoes instead of cous cous. Again my compliments to the Chef ! Perfectly cooked and a lovely Sauvignon Blanc. For dessert, I had many mouth watering options but decided to be less sophisticated... ice cream. Simple and classic ice cream. Very nice indeed. The restaurant Manager, Mike, welcomed us and conversed with us in several occasions. It was truly a relaxing dinner, excellent service and food. Another great place to eat that I recommend most strongly. Bon appetit !

1  Thank Alexander D
PullmanAucklandHotel, Restaurant Manager at Tapestry Dining, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Alexander D,

Thank you so much for your review of our restaurant. I am glad we could provide an enjoyable setting for a long overdue reunion.

I am very proud of my team and their high standard of service and it is great that you experienced this during your time with us.

It was lovely to meet you and I look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurant again soon.

Michael Biggs
Restaurant Manager

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Quite extensive menu, I had the Angus and it was reasonably well cooked. Not my favorite cut but as I wanted a steak it was all that was available. Chips were cold. Meal was attractively presented but think a little over priced to be honest. Service was excellent however. Overall the rest of our party enjoyed their meals and as we were staying at the Hotel eating in-house was a good option given the awful weather!

Dear lipm1,

Thank you for your feedback on your dining experience. Eating in-house on a rainy day is always a good option and I am glad that the team delivered an enjoyable dining experience for you and your party.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that your chips were cold on arrival, I have personally addressed this with the team to ensure it will not happen again.

We look forward to welcoming both yourself and your party back to our restaurant in the future.

Arun Pillai