“Good Service”

Add it.
The Bog Irish Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I stopped here for a drink. I had a couple of the beers on tap and the wife a cider. We found the bartender to be very nice and helpful. We didn't eat here as we came from another restaurant nearby but wanted a drink before heading back to hotel.

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

The Irish bar is gone and replaced by a non-descript pub claiming 10 beers on tap.

Order the chicken wings and wedges with a Moa noir.

They served 3 wings cold, drenched in catchup and greasy with the worst greasy, wedges I've had in 10 years and as many continents.

The new interior is bland and uninviting done with little money and less taste. Considering the area they could have done a lot better.

Strongly recommend you avoid this one unless you enjoy over paying for the indelible.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Great Sunday Roast. Did think the staff coulld be a bit more customer friendly. The plate was full with food and plenty of meat.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

My husband and I went to 'The Bog' (as it's known locally) in the middle of winter, and it was warm, cosy, inviting, with a real Irish feel to it. I would definitely recommend going there for a drink, especially when it's cold outside. There was a fire going, and we sat on a table near the warmth of the flames and ordered a nice glass of merlot each and felt like we were in Ireland. The decor is obviously decidedly Irish, and it seems a lot of the staff are too, judging by the lovely accents I heard. A great place for a drink or two. We didn't eat there though, so I can't rate the food.

Reviewed October 18, 2009

Would go there for the atmosphere, not the food.